Importing AVI videos with XMPs ignores the tags?

bosskong

I'm a fairly new user, so thanks very much for this great software! I've used it to build a decent database, but I'm just having one major problem now.

I added a bunch of AVI video files into an already existing Daminion database and added people, place, and keyword tags. Daminion wrote XMP files in the video clips folders that contain the AVI files.

Later I started a new database and added those same AVI/XMP folders. But when I added them, they showed up in Daminion with no tags. I opened up the XMP files in a text editor and verified that the tag information was there. I also tried "Read Tags from File" in Daminion and also "Rescan Folders...", but nothing changed.

How can I get Daminion to read my XMP files and import my people, place, and keyword tags? Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong?

Hi Bosskong,

Could you please send me one of those XMP files with existing tags to support at daminion.net?

What Daminion version do you use?

Sure, I'll send you an XMP file.

Thinking this might be a bug, I tried swapping out Daminion versions but have the same problem with versions 0.9.5.597, 0.9.6.644, and 0.9.6.645.

I'm not sure which version I used to originally make the XMP files, but I'm thinking it was probably 0.9.5.597.

Thanks for the quick update, my tags are imported now.

Just one minor issue, not sure if this is by design, but when I right-clicked on my video folder and clicked "Rescan Folders...", it still doesn't read the XMP tags. But it did work correctly when I highlighted all of my video files and clicked "Read Tags from File".

Thanks for the quick update, my tags are imported now.

Just one minor issue, not sure if this is by design, but when I right-clicked on my video folder and clicked "Rescan Folders...", it still doesn't read the XMP tags. But it did work correctly when I highlighted all of my video files and clicked "Read Tags from File".

It's because Daminion checks the modified date of original file to determine whether it was changed since its last import. It doesn't track sidecar changes by the current version.