The request, the problem, and the bug

Mammut

Hi!

A lot of times I have to organize "dump" directories with a lot of images, so these could be very useful features later:

- renaming files and batch renaming files

- moving files between physical directories (I think I saw a request for folders earlier)

A little problem...

I imported a lot of images with metadatas (~8000 images with single keywords, people, etc.), and the Catalog Tags list is way too long now when I'm working with the images.

I can Collapse All, but then I have to go back to the sub-tags again, so it's not the best solution.

I can scroll a lot or search for a Tag or Flag, but it's a little slow.

I can use that little window icon to maximize a root tag, and then select the root tags from the dropdown list, that's the fastest solution now.

Maybe it would be faster if...

- there would be Show/Hide Rejected/Flagged files buttons on the Filter bar?

- or maybe the root tags could be in split windows, so I could scroll them individually, and see all of them at once?

I don't know. These are just some ideas.

Maybe a bug?

Hide files with "Tag" is not working for me, it's the same as Show files with "Tag", so I can't exclude complete parent tags.

I'm using build 596.

(EDIT: As I see it's working correctly in build 597.)

Thanks!

- moving files between physical directories (I think I saw a request for folders earlier)

Maybe it would be faster if...

- there would be Show/Hide Rejected/Flagged files buttons on the Filter bar?

- or maybe the root tags could be in split windows, so I could scroll them individually, and see all of them at once?

We'll consider an ability to quickly filter the content without using Tags tree for common tags, like rating, flag, media format, color label...

"(EDIT: As I see it's working correctly in build 597.)"

Hm, when I tried it in build 597, I tried only the shift+alt combo on a parent tag, and it's working right.

But if I try only the alt key on a parent tag or I right click on any tag, and select the "Hide files with" command, it's not hiding, it's showing the files.