Description Field not updating

kingsfan

Using Daminion 0.9b Standalone against .ORF files, I can change the Description (EXIF:imagedescription or XMP:dc:description)for an entire selection of files, but that tag is not getting written to the metadata of all the selected files. On ocassion, it seems to update the metadata for only the first file in the selection.

Can you please look into this? Thanks.

My apologizes for the delays with answers: we are preparing to release Daminion 0.9.5, and it requires a lot of time.

I've just experimented with my old ORF files (from Olympus C5050Z) and I've successfully wrote a description into the EXIF and IPTC metadata of selected files.

Did you check the Write Tags Into EXIF/IPTC/XMP option in the Preferences window?

I've experimented with 0.9.5 version. The nightly/unstable build will be available today on our forum:

Could you please send me a few ORF files? Maybe using a new ExifTool version (that we use to handle RAW files) helps here.