Hello from France...

Le Lion 07

... where I recently discovered Daminion. I am looking for a DAM which is ONLY a DAM (mean : only cataloging, no options to correct photos, etc.). I am actually using IDimager (very nice) but I like to try...

Of course, Daminion needs (according to me) to be improved. Just some ideas :

- please, a french version ! (if you are looking for a translator, I can help you, I did that before),

- why "Preferences" are not avalaible ? Well, I presume it will come soon...

- some tags are not avalaible in the Catalog Tags panel. Of course, I need one of them : "Description". Description is visible in the Properties panel for each photo, but cannot be shown in the Catalog Tags. So, cannot be used for research, I suppose...

- Advanced Search is too limited. Needed : the possibility to choose AND / OR between each criteria.

I am actually just trying Daminion with app.9 000 photos coming from a slides collection. I'll certainly find other points and I'll tell you.

One last question (I'm quite sure of the answer, but...) : of course, Daminion is fully compatible with the latest EXIT/IPTC/XMP rules ?

Thank you and so long...

Leo

... where I recently discovered Daminion. I am looking for a DAM which is ONLY a DAM (mean : only cataloging, no options to correct photos, etc.). I am actually using IDimager (very nice) but I like to try...

This is one of the things I like about Daminion as well -- it seems to focus on doing what it is supposed to be doing.

Of course, Daminion needs (according to me) to be improved. Just some ideas :

- please, a french version ! (if you are looking for a translator, I can help you, I did that before),

Thanks for the feedback and for your proposal to translate the program. We've almost prepared Daminion for the translations, we'll post the message here once an appropriate Daminion version will be ready.

- why "Preferences" are not available ? Well, I presume it will come soon...

It's available on the latest nightly builds - you can customize the metadata writing configurations.

- some tags are not avalaible in the Catalog Tags panel. Of course, I need one of them : "Description". Description is visible in the Properties panel for each photo, but cannot be shown in the Catalog Tags. So, cannot be used for research, I suppose...

Some tags have a limited set of values that could be organized in the Catalog tags tree. There are tags that might contain too many values to be displayed in the catalog tree, like file size, description, title, etc... But both group of tags are available from the advanced search.

One last question (I'm quite sure of the answer, but...) : of course, Daminion is fully compatible with the latest EXIT/IPTC/XMP rules

Yes, Daminion is compatible with the specified metadata standards and follows the MWG specification.