Feature suggestion

Mel

• 2 years later...

A little different - I like the idea of having some files that Daminion "knows about" but doesn't actively manage. Not sure exactly how this would work - but I have hundreds and hundreds of panos that I've made... many have hundreds of source images.

I think Daminion would be MUCH, MUCH faster if it didn't actively manage those source images. Maybe "stacks" will accommodate this idea, not sure. I almost never have to reference the source images after the Pano is made; but I don't want to lose them; but I don't want them to slow down Daminion...

Maybe be able to tag subfolders as "Not Included" would help.

Open to ideas,

Russell

[...]

I think Daminion would be MUCH, MUCH faster if it didn't actively manage those source images. Maybe "stacks" will accommodate this idea, not sure. I almost never have to reference the source images after the Pano is made; but I don't want to lose them; but I don't want them to slow down Daminion...

Maybe be able to tag subfolders as "Not Included" would help.

Open to ideas,

Russell

My $0,02:

In Import filter add a new option like "Ignore files/folders containing .... in filename". You can then rename source files for your panos so that this condition is fulfilfed and Daminion will skip them.

-- M.

My $0,02:

In Import filter add a new option like "Ignore files/folders containing .... in filename". You can then rename source files for your panos so that this condition is fulfilfed and Daminion will skip them.

Added to the feature list (ignoring files and folders on the import stage by file mask).

Using stacks doesn't helps with performance (because the stack items are stored in the database (catalog) as regular items.

Hidden files. Self-explanatory.

A database-only flag for photos that should not display in main view and should be skipped in slide-shows, etc.

-- M.

There is an option named Access Control in the Team Server edition that allows to put certain files in private area that can't be viewed by other users (except the administration and private group owner)

There is an option named Access Control in the Team Server edition that allows to put certain files in private area that can't be viewed by other users (except the administration and private group owner)

I've worked this around by adding two categories to my photo db: "Visible" and "Hidden". Now I use the standard tag selection procedure to hide what's to remain secret.

-- M.

• Upvote 1