Catalog offline images

dosmatestv

Hi, i have one question: cataloging offline images will be possible?. I try, but I have blacks thumbnails.

What do you mean by black thumbnails? With the current Daminion version you should to see the gray thumbnail with a broken chain icon when the files are offline. We'll fix this issue soon.

What do you mean by black thumbnails? With the current Daminion version you should to see the gray thumbnail with a broken chain icon when the files are offline. We'll fix this issue soon.

Hi, yes, I have gray thumbnail with a broken chain icon. Then this issue is resolved, in offline files: I can take a picture as thumbnail? I can take a preview in full screen?

Thanks for your time!!

To begin with, we'll solve the problem with gray thumbnail.

Then we might to consider implementing the following ways of displaying an image in the full screen mode:

1. Display the 400x400px thumbnail and the "The file is offline" message

2. Prompt to connect a removable drive or insert a CD where this file was imported

3. Display a medium-size version of the image (this option should be turned on before importing images)

To begin with, we'll solve the problem with gray thumbnail.

Then we might to consider implementing the following ways of displaying an image in the full screen mode:

1. Display the 400x400px thumbnail and the "The file is offline" message

2. Prompt to connect a removable drive or insert a CD where this file was imported

3. Display a medium-size version of the image (this option should be turned on before importing images)

Thanks Mr. Korkmazov.

Then, I can begin to catalog my photos (15.000 files .NEF), but when this fix comes out, can be applied without losing tags from my photos, without the gray thumbnail and medium-size preview in my offline files?

Thanks again, and sorry for my english (my spanish is better).

Then, I can begin to catalog my photos (15.000 files .NEF), but when this fix comes out, can be applied without losing tags from my photos, without the gray thumbnail and medium-size preview in my offline files?

Daminion stores tags into its database (catalog) and thumbnails can be regenerated from the actual files lately.

• 1 year later...

I think the grey picture with broken chain for offline thumbnail were fixed some time back but in 1.0 RC2 build 833 it's broken again. I just updated to build 833 and when I remove my external hard-disk where I keep all my pictures it doesn't show the thumbnails but the broken chain image as earlier.

The thumbnail show correctly when I reconnect the hard disk.

I think the grey picture with broken chain for offline thumbnail were fixed some time back but in 1.0 RC2 build 833 it's broken again. I just updated to build 833 and when I remove my external hard-disk where I keep all my pictures it doesn't show the thumbnails but the broken chain image as earlier.

The thumbnail show correctly when I reconnect the hard disk.

Added to the bug list. Seems thumbnail displaying optimization was reflected to this feature. Thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...