Few Questions to hierarchical structure

Menace

Hello,

first sorry for my poor language skills.

I'm using iDimager 5 Pro and Media Pro as DAM-Software, but sometimes I have problems with them.

•  
  • Is it possible to choose, in which way daminion write the hierarchical keywords? In iDimager I choosed for example | (System|animals|arthropoda|....)

• iDimager have the possibility to create keyword sets for often used keywords. I can create a lot of such sets, which accelerate the work flow a lot. Just 2 clicks for more than 100 different keywords. Is there a same feature on daminion, which I didn't found yet?
    post-863-0-12479200-1332572720_thumb.jpg

• Is there a possibility to jump direct to the hierarchical keyword in typing in a search mask to work from this point?

• Are letters like ä, ö, ü supported?

Thank you for the help,

Best regards.

While working with daminion more questions coming up.

What I am doing until now:

•  
  • I am importing a director with supdirectories with 9000+ files (mostly jpgs)
  • This files has hierarchical keywords (tagged with IDimager) in this way animals|spiders|Üfam Pholcoidea|....
  • When I want to remove some keywords from a file, they came back when I try to safe the file (seems I can't remove the keywords)
  • When I try to add a existing hierarchical keyword in typing the name (vor example "zitter" and choose the keyword) it dosn't have the right hierarchical struktur (it loose some keywords. in the kind of |animal|arthropoda|spider|webspider|entelegyne|pholcoidea|pholcus|große zitterspinne it create |animal|arthropoda|spider|webspider|große zitterspinne [this is not exakt the example, because the keywords are more complicated])
  • Are this bugs or is this just because of the importing keywords from ITPC?

Menace, thanks for your input and feedback!

Is it possible to choose, in which way daminion write the hierarchical keywords? In iDimager I choosed for example | (System|animals|arthropoda|....)

Nope, we use "|" delimiter, that is used by most of the DAM programs, including LR. What delimiter would you like to use and why?

iDimager have the possibility to create keyword sets for often used keywords. I can create a lot of such sets, which accelerate the work flow a lot. Just 2 clicks for more than 100 different keywords. Is there a same feature on daminion, which I didn't found yet?

This is not implemented yet. But I've added your request to our feature list.

Is there a possibility to jump direct to the hierarchical keyword in typing in a search mask to work from this point?

Could you please explain?

[*]Are letters like ä, ö, ü supported?

Daminion is Unicode(UTF8) compliant, and supports umlaut symbols. Although tags with umlauts are not correctly sorted in the Catalog Tags (a minor bug) in the standalone catalogs. Works for shared catalogs.

When I am importing my files (8000+ fotos), the hierarchical structure from iDimager are written as keywords in Daminion, not as categories. Is there a possibility to changes this easily in categories?

I've attached the PDF document displaying the Daminion's metadata mapping scheme. So the IPTC:Keywords and XMP:dc:Subject are mapped to Daminion Keywords. As a possible workaround I can suggest you to follow one of the ways below:

- Import your images to PicaJet. Then export the PicaJet album as an XML file. And import it to the Daminion. You will be prompted to select how you would like to map your PicaJet categories to Daminion tags.

- use ExifTool to copy your keywords into categories in your image files

- use IdImager built-in functionality to map the image annotations into the categories

Regarding your latest questions: could you please send me your Daminion catalog to support at daminion.net. And please record a small video explaing your issue using this small utility

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

Nope, we use "|" delimiter, that is used by most of the DAM programs, including LR. What delimiter would you like to use and why?

Ok, this must be the same, like IDimager use as standard. I thought Daminion uses "\" delimiter.

Could you please explain?

I hat a lot of hierarchical keywords. To open one keyword, which stays at the end of the hierarchical structure, I have to do a lot of "clicks". In IDimager I just start to type in the word and the software show me all the keywords with the same "letters". To click on the softwares suggestions, i come directly to the keywords. You have something similar, but when I click at daminions search result, I can't work with the keywords.

post-863-0-76260800-1332612828_thumb.jpg

Daminion is Unicode(UTF8) compliant, and supports umlaut symbols. Although tags with umlauts are not correctly sorted in the Catalog Tags (a minor bug) in the standalone catalogs. Works for shared catalogs.

I guess it will be solved?

Now I try to make the video. :) Thanks again.

I hat a lot of hierarchical keywords. To open one keyword, which stays at the end of the hierarchical structure, I have to do a lot of "clicks". In IDimager I just start to type in the word and the software show me all the keywords with the same "letters". To click on the softwares suggestions, i come directly to the keywords. You have something similar, but when I click at daminions search result, I can't work with the keywords.

You can do the same in Daminion: start typing a tag substring in the textbox, then navigate to the necessary tag and press the Enter key.

You can do the same in Daminion: start typing a tag substring in the <Filter Tag> textbox, then navigate to the necessary tag and press the Enter key.

Yes, but it is not quite the same.

Same: Daminion and IDimager: Select the files

Idimager: It goes to the tag, but all the others tag are quite visible and I can work on without a break. For example I start on one (exp.: spiders) and go on from that point (exp. spiderspecies).

Daminion: It goes to the tag, but I didn't see the other keywords. First I have to removing the substring or uncheck the list view. By doing that, I can't see the selected tag again.

In the film: 0.9.0 Build 452

There was a minor issue with writing metadata on this build that we fixed on the 513 build.

The actual Nightly are always trying to read from a empty floppy-disc and this was very annoying.

This issue will be fixed in the public build.

Does the issue with inability to remove keywords is exist on the latest nightly build (0.9.0.513)?

• 2 weeks later...

The actual Nightly are always trying to read from a empty floppy-disc and this was very annoying.

This issue still exist in the public build.

Hmm... We've tested it with 5-6 test computers... Could you please tell me if you have inserted a flash card into your card-reader? Does the problem still there if you'll remove it?

Do you use the 524 build?

Hello Murat,

Could you please tell me if you have inserted a flash card into your card-reader? Does the problem still there if you'll remove it?

No, I haven't a flash card.

Do you use the 524 build?

Yes.

I have two card-readers. One with the floppy disk. I just remove the floppy disk, I already didn't used it for years.

Now, do you see this message after removing the floppy disk?

Now I am confused. ;-) I didn't read a message, i just hear, how "daminion" try to read from the floppy disc. After removing the cable, daminion can't read, no noise anymore. So, for me the problem is solved (as long as I don't need a floppy disc). :-)

Now I am confused. ;-) I didn't read a message, i just hear, how "daminion" try to read from the floppy disc. After removing the cable, daminion can't read, no noise anymore. So, for me the problem is solved (as long as I don't need a floppy disc). :-)

We've received the same claim from another Daminion user with a floppy-drive. But we still unable to reproduce the issue. What Windows version do you have installed?