questions & suggestions

Sulawesi_Girl

Is there a keyboard shortcut for "Compare Items"?

Especially since my screen size is limited, it would be nice to have a dedicated button to collapse all expanded tag families in the catalog pane, instead of being an option in the drop-down menu. Fewer clicks, and all that...

Also in the catalog pane -- I was looking for a way to view pictures by format (landscape/portrait/etc.). When I switched to the All preset, the option was there. But I couldn't find it to add to my customized view. Oh, and I noticed I can now see the entire Customize pop-up, instead of having the lower edge & buttons cut off. Thank-you for whatever you changed (:

And I'm in favor of the idea of being able to use Picasa for face recognition, and then having those tags visible in Daminion!

Is there a keyboard shortcut for "Compare Items"?

No, yet.

Especially since my screen size is limited, it would be nice to have a dedicated button to collapse all expanded tag families in the catalog pane, instead of being an option in the drop-down menu. Fewer clicks, and all that...

Would it be more convenient if we move Collapse All option from Catalog Tags Header Menu to Catalog Tags Context Menu?

Also in the catalog pane -- I was looking for a way to view pictures by format (landscape/portrait/etc.). When I switched to the All preset, the option was there. But I couldn't find it to add to my customized view. Oh, and I noticed I can now see the entire Customize pop-up, instead of having the lower edge & buttons cut off. Thank-you for whatever you changed (:

Does the problem still there:

1. With a newly created catalog?

2. When you press F12, close Daminion, rename 1.0 folder to ~1.0, and launch Daminion again?

Hmm. That may work better. Now that I know where it is, I'll be using it more often. Or maybe if there were a button right next to the Customize drop-down-menu button...? You could put a Refresh button there too, instead of in the menu -- seems like logical, intuitive placement to me (:

I created a new catalog, and yes, Proportion appeared in the list for Customize View. So I tried renaming the folder...when I relaunched Daminion, it asked where I wanted to store my catalog, and then created a new one. This new catalog did have the Proportion option as well. Here's a few screenshots to show the differences between the Customize View in the old catalog and the one in the new catalog