My 2 cents

Mel

This is my first post here, hello everyone!

Murat, this is a fantastic piece of software. Here are my suggestions after several days of use:

1. I would appreciate definable watch folders where Daminion can automatically sniff all changes: new folders/files, changed metadata, etc.

2. Option to delete photos from disk. Or maybe I have not found it yet.

3. Option to remove empty items from the left pane. I can remove categories, keywords, etc. (file Dam2.jpg) while cannot remove e.g. folders, camera models with zero (0) items (file Dam1.jpg).

As for folders with 0 photos my solution is to rename a folder I dont want any longer in Daminion and re-start the app. And next I revert to the original folder name. Too much hassle.

Regards,

-- M.

post-859-0-35300900-1331724938_thumb.jpg

post-859-0-01501200-1331724949_thumb.jpg

Mariusz, thank you for the kind words! You are welcome to join to our community.

1. I would appreciate definable watch folders where Daminion can automatically sniff all changes: new folders/files, changed metadata, etc.

We are hard working with "Rescan Folders" feature at the moment that allows you to sync the Daminion Catalog with external file/folder/metadata changes. It's available for testing in our nightly builds.

2. Option to delete photos from disk. Or maybe I have not found it yet.

Select the photo(s) and press the Del key (or navigate to "Remove from Catalog" item from the context menu). You can then check the "Move the file to Recycle Bin" option. Or press the Shift + Del to delete the file from the catalog and from the disk without moving it to Recycled Bin.

3. Option to remove empty items from the left pane. I can remove categories, keywords, etc. (file Dam2.jpg) while cannot remove e.g. folders, camera models with zero (0) items (file Dam1.jpg).

As for folders with 0 photos my solution is to rename a folder I dont want any longer in Daminion and re-start the app. And next I revert to the original folder name. Too much hassle.

This issue is present in our bug list. The empty folders could be deleted by "Rescan Folder" feature once we'll release the next build.