Feature Request: Archive To Catalog

deanable

I was wondering if on the Server Administration we can have a setting to activate / de-activate some kind of archiving system to indicate record age. E.g. if I set my asset lifecycle to 5 years, older records can have an overlay icon on the thumbnail to indicate that they can be archived - batch or manual move to a separate archive catalog.

I know that we can sort, search and filter by date but especially with large and old archives we have to be very aware of asset lifecycle as part of the organisation's asset management strategy.

The advantage of having this built in to the server is also that Daminion will automate a repetitive task (weekly / monthly flagging of aged records) that takes up Administrator's time.

It would be interesting to hear other Administrator's take on how they deal with ageing records in their catalog and if they have a strategy or solution using Daminion Server to accomplish this in their workflow.