Preset option for printing contact sheet

Paul Barrett

I think the image says it all

- Paul

post-3427-0-97348000-1485361840_thumb.png

Now I'm confused, yesterday I had to keep re-entering the parameters. This morning I used the function, and yesterday's settings had been retained. Weird, So although there is no 'Presets' option, my major issue seems to be a red herring.

But there are some other issues on this topic:

PDF File Location

When I choose the option to Save to PDF I am presented with a dialog box to choose the target folder.

But when I select Print. a PDF is still generated and it is placed in the folder:

C:\Users\paulb\AppData\Local\Daminion Software\Daminion\Temporary

I don't want that happening. I have my OS and apps on an SSD for performance purposes and I can't have it filling up with crud. Also, the folder is called Temporary but I have files going back to October. When does it get cleared out? Or is is just marked temporary to make it easier for me to locate files that have to be deleted manually?

What are these values for?

post-3427-0-26471300-1485420137_thumb.png

I have played around with various values but nothing appears to happen. Does each one represent the number of lines tht will be devoted to that section?

What is the purpose of the Usage Purpose field?

If I put some text in there it does not appear on the PDF file.

I can't see a padding variable?

The next image down the page is so close to the labels from the image above that they look like they could refer to the image below. I would like to be able to insert some vertical padding between thumbnails.

I would like to be able to add a fixed piece of text that is then printed under every image.

I use these contact sheets to pass out to very senior family members so they can help identify, who, which year and where the image was taken. But without a set of questions printed beneath each one they can forget to answer them.

The only way I can do this at the moment is to enter a comment on every image, then delete it after the event, which is error prone and time consuming.

Thanks for listening!

- Paul

I have answered my own questions on a couple (not all) of the items below

What are these values for?

post-3427-0-26471300-1485420137_thumb.png

I have played around with various values but nothing appears to happen. Does each one represent the number of lines tht will be devoted to that section?

I can't see a padding variable?

The next image down the page is so close to the labels from the image above that they look like they could refer to the image below. I would like to be able to insert some vertical padding between thumbnails.

The values in the drop down are the number of lines used to display each field.

And that solves the padding issue, because all I have to is activate a blank row beneath the other rows and set the line value to whatever padding I need between photos, It's a bit of a kludge, but it'll do. There are far more important things for the developers to work on!

Still need answers to the rest of my post though please, pretty please?

- Paul