User role management

florentple

Hi,

Is it possible to have a user with a 'Viewer' role for a given A catalog, and an 'Editor' role for another B catalog ? Practically speaking, I would like to grant 'Viewer' rights on catalogs that contain protected assets (in order to avoid having file deleted, and tags/collection modified), but also to allow more flexibility on other catalogs for the same user.

@DAMINION team: I would suggest the supply of additional user roles, such as 'Importer' user role, that could only provide read, import and tag modification functions, but that would restrict the deleting of files. I believe DAMINION is extremely interesting for corporations because it allows multi-users and network based DAM functions (which tools like Adobe Lightroom cannot). However, you have to consider that the diversity of corporations is important, each of them having specific asset management constraints. Therefore, it sounds important to improve the level of function settings that the DAMINION server can provide to users and groups of users.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Sincerely,

Florent P.

Hi Florent,

Thanks for the suggestions.

We are collecting user votes for both features now. I've added your vote to these features.

BTW do you use Daminion or Windows security? You can check it via admin panel: main menu > Administration > Preferences > Security Mode.

Hi Florent,

Thanks for the suggestions.

We are collecting user votes for both features now. I've added your vote to these features.

BTW do you use Daminion or Windows security? You can check it via admin panel: main menu > Administration > Preferences > Security Mode.

We use Active Directory (Windows NT) security management, which is a great feature by the way.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards.

Florent P.