Major bug - version 4.6 (1478)

TheDocAUS2

It seems a major bug is in this version. I have had the file date changed on files in the new version. So I rebuilt the database, problem still there. I then recopied the files and indexed then again. During the inital index the dates were changed again.

Anyone else having this problem?

Just lost a weeks work, as the backups were overwritten before I noticed, bummer.

Installed ver4.1 and it is still doing it.

I tripled checked the Tag Preset, it is set to None. It was previously Default but no fields were active. So I am at a loss at the moment on what it maybe. Open to suggestions.

I had a crash this morning in Daminion, but I have reintalled the software, ver 4.6 then 4.1.

I do not know how to make the video you requested.

Before I learn how to make a video I wish to completely uninstall Daminion.

One possibility is that the crash early today damaged the Tag Presets. Do you have instructions on how to do this?

Each I uninstall, the Presets are there again when I reinstall the software. So I must be missing a directory.

Just download and run it. It is a pretty simple utility. It allows you to record all your screen action into a video file.

If you follow the above link you will see the screen recorder button.

Tag presets are stored in this folder:

c:\Users\Murat\AppData\Roaming\Daminion Software\Daminion\1.0\

You need to close Daminion, then rename the above folder and run Daminion again.

I spent the last day or so fixing up my little disaster.

Originally I thought there may have been a bug in Daminion ver 4.6 as I noticed the problem (changed CreationDate) shortly after I upgraded.

But when the problem remained after I installed versions 4.6, 4.5 and 4.1 I looked for another cause. It turns out the problem started a few days before the upgrade, I just noticed it after upgrading.

As best as I can work out, a Daminion crash a few days before damaged one or more of the Tag Presets. So when I imported am image into the library the CreationDate field was changed to the time of import. In addition, anytime I used a Tag present the CreationDate was updated, even though the Presets did not have this field active.

It appears the problem is being caused by partially corrupt Tag Presets and I do not know which ones (it happens even when TagPresets is set to None on import). So I need to uninstall them from my PC.

Tag presets are stored in this folder:

c:\Users\Murat\AppData\Roaming\Daminion Software\Daminion\1.0\

You need to close Daminion, then rename the above folder and run Daminion again.

Thanks Murat. Initial tests suggests this fixes the problem. So some files are corrupt in that directory.