Daminion Install - Cannot access Shared Catalogs

sheriffpat

Help! Attempting install of Home Server version - 4.3 w/ 2 concurrent licenses. Following install procedures for Daminion Server and Client and attempting to open shared catalog I get:

"Warning

Invalid password or username "HomeServer"

System.ServiceModel.FaultException....

and line after line of (see attached)...

Sigh.... Need helpwith this - all the uninstalling and reinstalling have not helped...

thanks

spgpost-2427-0-47837800-1460866383_thumb.png

After attempting to uninstall all applications (Postgre, Daminion Server, Daminion Client), AND removing all folders, files or data not removed from the uninstall - I began fresh installs again after re-watching the video tutorials on advanced server setup and re-reading the tutorial pdfs on selecting the right file storage scheme found here:

Getting started with Daminion server

I was able to get the server and client to install and all worked the same as in the tutorial youtube video on advanced server setup, right until the end of the client installation where you select the shared catalog and user name and password for logging in - the video explains to use "admin" and "admin" for this. Using "admin" and "admin" would not allow connection to the catalog. Selecting "login as guest" resulted in the same result as the attachment window screenshot above.

Daminion server is running with green indicators for the server, file watching service, and the PostgreSQL on the server administration window. I setup Scheme "C" for my file storage strategy, and created a Daminion_admin user account on the server PC and gave the account "logon as a service" rights and the account has full administrative access. I created a shared folder on the server PC : \\ServerPC\daminion_share where the documents will be housed and that share is available on the network and visible.

Daminion Client is working correctly in standalone mode and a creation of a local catalog and import of over 1,000 local files was successful. Upon attempting to connect to the shared folder setup during Daminion Server install "NetCatalog", the same error window as above is displayed ^^^ "Invalid password or username "HomeServer".... (see attachment above).

After digging into the log files located at C:\ProgramData\Daminion Software\Daminion Server\Logs\NetCatalog, I see the same repeated text entered into the log file every time I try to access the NetCatalog:

2016-04-17 12:25:14,914 [18] WARN PicaJet.Daminion.Service.WCF.UnexpectedErrorHandler [(null)] - HandleError:

PicaJet.Daminion.Common.AccessDeniedException: admin

at PicaJet.Daminion.Service.WCF.WcfConcurrentSessions.AfterReceiveRequest(Message& request, IClientChannel channel, InstanceContext instanceContext) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\Server.WCF\Intercept\WcfConcurrentSessions.cs:line 75

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.AfterReceiveRequestCore(MessageRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.AfterReceiveRequest(MessageRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Is there something simple I'm overlooking??? :help: :help:

Thank you !! spg :drinks:

Sorry for the delay with response.

This error happens when admin user is missing and Home Server license is selected.

To fix this issue please follow the next steps:

- Launch Daminion Server Admin Panel

- Go to File > License Management

- Remove your Home License Key

- Close License Management form

- Click on the Users link and add Admin user with Admin password

- Go to License Management and enter your license key again.