Move from local catalog to server misplaces file

Ray

Hi Murat,

My use case:

- local catalog with files locally stored in %yyyy\%mm\%dd\filename (create sub folder) format. For instance <localdrive:\>2015\10\03\fileX.crw

- server catalog with files stored in the same format at the server

- "move to" the local file to the server catalog

- file is stored on the server in a folder dated with date of the move instead: 2015\12\2015.12.27\fileX.crw while I would want (and expect) it to be <serverdrive:\>2015\10\03\fileX.crw

The creation of the folder seems inconsistent anyway as I would have expected it at least to be 2015\12\27 in this specific case when it seems to use the date of the move.

Any idea how to resolve/prevent this?

Version 4.1-1280

Cheers,

Ray

No, they are not.

I effectively want to upload the images to the central catalog.

I tried this over a vpn (to the server network) as well directly when the the laptop (with the local repository) was connected to the network. In both cases this behavior is the same.

Are local catalog and server catalogs located on the same PC?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Moving files will upload to new PC (server) and Daminion uses default rename scheme for upload using current datetime. Local files can be located at different local drives, but server upload uses only one drive. Default scheme prevents file name conflicts.

Well, I know the layout of my server. This default behaviour doesn't work for me, unfortunately as it puts all files at the date of the move/upload.

What I want is move/upload from local to server and have it stored as it would when I did a normal upload to that server. Does this mean that I better upload as if the local files are all new? Or is there another way to get everything to the server?

You can copy your files to your server PC using Windows Explorer by preserving your "2015\10\03" scheme.

Then install Daminion Client on your server PC and import copied folder using this client. You can connect to Daminion Server by specifying "localhost" on this Daminion Client.

You can copy your files to your server PC using Windows Explorer by preserving your "2015\10\03" scheme.

Then install Daminion Client on your server PC and import copied folder using this client. You can connect to Daminion Server by specifying "localhost" on this Daminion Client.

Well, I probably should have mentioned that the upload is done using a VPN connection from a remote location :)