Crash when adding some files

elefpe

I just started using Daminion (version 4 - build 1259) to see if I can use it to catalogue all my pictures, currently spread over about 100 dvd's.

I spent a whole day cataloging the first 6 dvd's. Daminion keeps crashing, so that I have to restart and import individual folders or files until certain ones cause it to crash again. It seems that especially large TIF or PSD files sometimes cause the crash:

post-2066-0-46675200-1438264623_thumb.png

post-2066-0-36446900-1438264658_thumb.png

So, I finally got about to trying the 1263 build. Same problem.

By chance, I this time didn't click OK on the error message, but brought the main Daminion window back into the foreground. After waiting awhile (waiting for the CPU utilization to drop), I found that it had added 1 single file to the catalogue. I then was able to add the files it hadn't yet loaded, one after another by the same procedure (import 1 file, leave error window open, wait until actually imported, etc). It seems that if I close the error window, then Daminion hangs and/or crashes.

If I can give you any other information that would help find the cause of the problem, please let me know.

I've sent you PM with request for a remote session.

Is this happened with local or shared catalog?

Can you please send me the log files? For server catalog you can locate them via Admin panel, for local catalogs you need to launch the program with -log_enable parameter, then press the Ctrl + F12 to locate a folder with logs. Then reproduce the issue and send us the log files to support/at/daminion/dot/net.

Ill see what i can do, but no Teamviewer.

Its a local catalog and happens on a indexation of 5k video files.

So reproduction of the problem is a lengthy process and a pain in the ass....

I've sent you PM with request for a remote session.

Is this happened with local or shared catalog?

Can you please send me the log files? For server catalog you can locate them via Admin panel, for local catalogs you need to launch the program with -log_enable parameter, then press the Ctrl + F12 to locate a folder with logs. Then reproduce the issue and send us the log files to support/at/daminion/dot/net.