Some issue with importing my jpg files

jmhine

Sirs:

I have installed Daminion server on my server (Windows Home Server) and Daminion client on my desktop. In the process of importing files several (16 that I've found so far) have been corrupted. I am unable to open them, they read 0 bytes and I am unable to delete them or rename them (err msg: file is in use by another process), even when booting my desktop in safemode.

I haven't figured out yet how to boot my server in safemode, but that is my next plan.

Any suggestions ?

John

"File is in use by another process" means that Daminion blocked it during a file operation. Please reboot your computers and check the files again.

- Where your files are located? On the shared folder or you uploaded them to Server?

- What Daminion version do you use? For both Server and Client.

"File is in use by another process" means that Daminion blocked it during a file operation. Please reboot your computer and check the files again.

- Where your files are located? On the shared folder or you uploaded them to Server?

- What Daminion version do you use? For both Server and Client.

Murat,

Thank you, Rebooting the server allowed me to delete the files.

I using Daminion Client 0.8.8 Build 466 and Server 0.8.8.466.

The .jpg files are in a Photos directory on my server. I loaded Daminion server in a subdirectory of the Photos directory.

John Hine

Sorry, what does it mean? Did you mean by subdirectory the folder where Daminion Server store it's uploaded files?

Murat,

I was mistaken. Apparently that was just the Daminion Server setup file. I found the Daminion Server application on my server's D:\Program Files\Daminion Software\Daminion Server folder. I am unable to locate the uploaded files folder.

John

You can see the folder where uploaded files are stored on the Daminion Administration dashboard.

Could you please tell me if you were able to locate the corrupted JPEG files? Did you launch external applications from Daminion to process the selected media items?

Murat,

Yes I found the files. After rebooting the server, I "deleted" the corrupted files from the server and was about to reinstall them when I found they were already there and were now usable.

No, I did not launch any external applications.

Where is the Daminion Administration dashboard ?

How do you get any work done (or sleep) if you are busy answering all of these questions ?

Thank you,

John

Yes I found the files. After rebooting the server, I "deleted" the corrupted files from the server and was about to reinstall them when I found they were already there and were now usable.

Fine.

Where is the Daminion Administration dashboard ?

You can locate it on the desktop at your Server PC or through Start > Daminion Software > Daminion Server Administration.

How do you get any work done (or sleep) if you are busy answering all of these questions ?

Any report about possible critical issues/bugs are very important for us. 8 hours time zone difference (between PST and our local GMT+3) adds some delay to the prompt reacting but usually we fix hot issues during a few hours or during a day.

John, could you please clarify the issue in detail:

1. Did you import the laptop based file to your server PC, correct?

2. When you select files to import, did you select an option to "Upload the files to Server PC"?

3. Could you please tell me "Folder to Store Files" from your Daminion Administration Panel?

4. Where the "corrupted" files were located? Please give me a full path.

5. Any steps that helps us to reproduce the problem?

Murat,

1. Did you import the laptop based file to your server PC, correct?

Yes I copied the files from my laptop to my server. From there I imported them into my Daminion NetCatalog using the Add Files option.

2. When you select files to import, did you select an option to "Upload the files to Server PC"?

I have tried both options for importing files into Daminion. "Upload to Server" and "Collecting Links". I noticed the problem after I started using the "Collecting Links" option.

3. Could you please tell me "Folder to Store Files" from your Daminion Administration Panel?

The folder is on my server. The path is D:\documents and settings\all users\application data\daminion software\daminion server\data\2011\12\2011.12.10

4. Where the "corrupted" files were located? Please give me a full path.

The "corrupted" files are on my server. The path is d:\shares\photos\wilhine photos\france oct 2011\villefranche and antibes\

I hope this is helpful.

John