Daminion removes Date/Time Original EXIF tag

frankfrank

After loading into Daminion and synchronizing metadata, some files were missing their original creation date. Daminion initially reads the creation date correctly, and the Creation Datetime is present in the Daminion database, but after sync, it is not present in the EXIF or any other part of the file.

This does not happen with files from digital cameras, only on scanned images that I had added metadata to with AnalogEXIF. It looks like AnalogEXIF adds only "Date/Time Original" EXIF tag, while digital cameras add both "Date/Time Original" and "Create Date" EXIF tags, though I'm not sure if that's relevant.

So I don't know what is preventing Daminion from writing the Creation Datetime from its database to the expected metadata fields (EXIF, XMP, and IPTC). I have selected "Add compatibility with Windows Explorer and old programs" under Daminion preferences.

Version 3.4.0 (build 1113)

Before and after, viewed with exiftool:

post-1892-0-70698000-1418507015_thumb.png post-1892-0-00904700-1418507063_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay... I did some tests with this file.

If I assign a color label in Daminion immediately after import and then sync, it will remove the Date/Time Original tag from the file's EXIF. This is what happened in the problematic situation above.

If, instead, I update some other kind of metadata in Daminion (like rating or keywords) immediately after import, then there is no problem. Date/Time Original EXIF tag remains as it should.

Can you reproduce that?

It is true that in all situations, I can modify the Creation Datetime in Daminion, and after doing that, it will write the Date/Time Original EXIF tag to the file. But I'm not interested in modifying the date, I only want Daminion to preserve the date that was already there.