"Copy to Folder" JPEG transparency color?

moorecokhodge

I originally posted this in the "Knowledge Base" forum by accident. I'm posting it here instead as I think this is the correct forum?

----

I am using "Copy to Folder" to save JPEG versions of some PNG files from my Daminion catalog. These PNG files have transparency.

When I use "Copy to Folder" with JPEG chosen as the target format, Daminion saves them out with a dark gray background (see attached).

Does anyone know a way in Daminion to change this default background color to be white?

Thank you!

The below guide is for local Daminion catalogs. For server catalogs you need to edit the server based xml file.

- Launch the Daminion Client/Standalone

- Press the Ctrl + F12, and locate the 1.0\Settings.xml file

- Close the Daminion Client/Standalone

- Open the Settings.xml file with the Notepad, locate the row:

and replace the next row with:

#FFFFFF

- Save and the close Settings.xml

- Launch the Daminion again and try to export again.

Please note that the above changes will be reflected on the PNG thumbnail background in the thumbnail view (for newly importing images or after rebuilding the PNG thumbnails)

The below guide is for local Daminion catalogs. For server catalogs you need to edit the server based xml file.

- Launch the Daminion Client/Standalone

- Press the Ctrl + F12, and locate the 1.0\Settings.xml file

- Close the Daminion Client/Standalone

- Open the Settings.xml file with the Notepad, locate the row:

<setting name="TransparentImageBackColorAsString" serializeAs="String">

and replace the next row with:

<value>#FFFFFF</value>

- Save and the close Settings.xml

- Launch the Daminion again and try to export again.

Please note that the above changes will be reflected on the PNG thumbnail background in the thumbnail view (for newly importing images or after rebuilding the PNG thumbnails)

Ah, I had been checking the settings.xml for relevant values only on the client side. I'll get this updated on the server! Thanks as always Murat!

For server catalogs please edit this file:

c:\ProgramData\Daminion Software\Daminion Server\ServiceSettings.xml

The TransparentImageBackColorAsString entry will appear only if you'll import at lease one transparent image to your server catalog.

I do have images with transparency currently in my catalog, but I am not finding a TransparentImageBackColorAsString setting in my ServiceSettings.xml on the server.

I also tried adding a new XML element for it under the other <setting> items in ServiceSettings.xml, but it looks like that did not affect export or thumbnail colors.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

I'm importing a transparent PNG in my client, stopping the server, then checking the ServiceSettings file, but I am not finding that XML value.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Or an example ServiceSettings file that shows the correct placement of the TransparentImageBackColorAsString?

This is in build 1115 if that makes any difference.