Export of photos gets consistent error (1111)

dentblanche

Using Daminion v. 3.4.0.1111 on Win7-64.

I downloaded the above version and installed it and immediately loaded several hundred photos. I tried to export 6 of the photos to e-mail and got an error message. I tried exporting just one photo, I tried from the tray and from the thumbs frame. I tried to export also to a folder. All such actions produced versions of the following error message:

#571 : 100_0008.jpg

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PicaJet.Daminion.ClientCommon.ExportProgressPresenter.GetServerData_GetMediaItemFile(BaseActionSet SelectedActionSet, ExportAddonData ExportAddonData, IMediaItem mediaItem, List`1 tempFileRefs, String actionSetAsXml) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ClientCommon\Presenters\ExportProgressPresenter.cs:line 802

at PicaJet.Daminion.ClientCommon.ExportProgressPresenter.ExportMediaItemsAsync(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ClientCommon\Presenters\ExportProgressPresenter.cs:line 560

Note that trying to export to e-mail additionally caused a blank e-mail window to be created.

So I uninstalled the above version and reinstalled the previous version 2.0.0.911. All exports worked fine in this version using the exact same catalog, which included the several hundred newly added photos.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

You may need to extend your bug fix a bit. I just today downloaded the latest version of Standalone and tried to output a contact sheet from a collection (I tried several layouts). At the top of each image, overlapping the image in white text, is the statement "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Everything else was fine, but the error message is superimposed on every photo.

I'm on Windows 7 Ult.

I love this feature and would want to use it heavily in the workflow of creating an illustrated book.

Good luck!

Diane