Advanced Search with NOT conditions

ljm42account

The advanced search in Daminion is quite good, but I ran into a scenario it doesn't seem to handle... if I do an advanced search for "People matches Family\child1", it brings up *all* photos that have that child, which makes sense. But I would like to be able display photos with *only* Family\child1 or photos with Family\child1 and not Family\child2. Or maybe Family\child1 and not anyone else in Family\. The search interface doesn't seem to handle NOT conditions, although the underlying database should be able to support it. Would you consider adding this?

FYI, I have a trial for the home license of Daminion Server, build 1070.

Thanks!

The advanced search in Daminion is quite good, but I ran into a scenario it doesn't seem to handle... if I do an advanced search for "People matches Family\child1", it brings up *all* photos that have that child, which makes sense. But I would like to be able display photos with *only* Family\child1 or photos with Family\child1 and not Family\child2. Or maybe Family\child1 and not anyone else in Family\. The search interface doesn't seem to handle NOT conditions, although the underlying database should be able to support it. Would you consider adding this?

FYI, I have a trial for the home license of Daminion Server, build 1070.

Thanks!

Thus you are in the Daminion Standalone version forum tree, I can tell you only about this version. And... Yes it is so. :wacko2:

I prefer to make conditions by mouse clicking and didn't notice such limitations. By clicking you can make "equal" and "not equal" conditions that I can not choose from drop down condition list for most of searching category.

Oh wow, with careful use of the control and alt keys you CAN do Family\child1 and not Family\child2. Thanks! It gets pretty tough to add 4 or 5 conditions, but it does work. Interestingly, if you then click the Advanced search button, it shows that a "not equals" condition was used even though it isn't available in the dropdown menu :)

I think this distills down to two requests then:

1) Add a "not equals" option to the advanced search interface to bring it on par with what you can do with the control and alt keys.

2) Add an "only" option, so you can say ONLY Family\child1 and quickly exclude all other people tags.

• Upvote 1

These options (Not Equals and Only ones) can be selected in the Tags tree only, by holding the Ctrl or Shift keys respectively. Or via the context menu.

The reason of this behaviour is we know IDs of tags in the tags tree that allows us to use such commands. While in the Advanced Search window we work with textual strings that doesn't allow us to use them.