IPTC Core Creator Fields

ipollen

Hi, new user here so please forgive me if I am missing something really obvious but...

After a short test phase I purchased Daminion Pro Standalone and assumed it would give me at least the same access to IPTC fields that Lightroom or Capture One gave me. But I do not seem to be able to view or edit the following IPTC Contact / Creator fields. Am I missing a trick or have I been a bit too quick to purchase?

Creator Postal Code

Creator Work Email

Creator Work Telephone

Creator Region

Creator City

Creator Address

Creator Country

Creator Work URL

Regards, Ian

Hello Ian,

It's not a problem to add 8 new tags related to the IPTC Contact/Creator.

However we thought to implement it via the Tag Qualifiers feature that is not implemented in the Daminion yet. With Tag Qualifiers you will only see one IPTC Contact tags (for example, "Ian Pollen") field on the left and right panels with a set of properties (qualifiers).

The benefits of this approach is a more compact view and you can assign a Creator by a single mouse click. Plus if you'll decided to change a contact details you'll need to do this in one place.

We are collecting user feedbacks about this feature now.

Hi Murat, I fully appreciate that all development will have a priority but for me personally this is a bit of a show stopper as the main reasons for me purchasing Daminion was to have single application to organise add metadata. Looks like a I should have tested more fully before purchasing. I am sure the functionality will come but as a working professional photographer I don't have the luxury of waiting, never enough hours in the day :-)

Where do I stand with the 30 day money back guarantee that you offer? I purchased on the 21st of September.

As always many thanks for your help in this matter.

Regards, Ian

• 4 months later...

Hello Ian. Sorry for the long delay with implementing this feature. We worked hard since our past discussion but all is according to our roadmap.

In Daminion 3.7 we added support for Active Directory, Improved speed of viewing huge images, images can be Grouped now, plus about 50 minor improvements and bug fixes.

In Daminion 4.0 we'll add Linked Tags and Linked Items feature. Tags Qualifiers support can be added into 4.0 or 4.5. Plus we plan to start optimize the performance.

There are a lot of benefits of having a single IPTC Contact/Creator Tag in comparison to having separate 8 fields for this. The major benefit is the linking of those tags. So we decided do not implement it as separate tags.

I understand that this is not what you wanted to hear, but this is just information about how things are going :pardon:

In order to proceed with your refund request please drop me a message with confirmation to support/at/daminion/dot/net.

Hi Murat,

Many thanks for the detailed reply.

I understand the attraction of adding the creator fields via tag qualifiers.

I was just checking in on progress to see what the current status on this was.

You have already processed my refund, thank you.

Regards, Ian