question re tag hierarchies

Tok39Larraby

I'm in the process of moving from Adobe Bridge to Daminion. I've only been using the product for a couple of hours, so I am hoping that my issue is newbie related and solution will involve a simple setting change... ???

I've brought my image folder into daminion and managed, with a bit of playing around, to get it to import the keyword hierarchy I use in bridge. The bridge hierarchy appears fine in the daminion left side-panel.

When keywords are applied, I need daminion to enter the full tag hierarchy, not just the node endpoint. When I use either the 'apply mode' or look up + apply tags on the properties panel, I'm finding that only the node endpoints are created. This causes two issues:

1. New root nodes of the same name are appearing in my tag hierarchy after tagging using a non-root keyword within daminion.

i.e. Entity|Female spawns a new root node 'Female' ('entity' is not added at the time of keyword entry)

2. When performing Boolean filters/searches I am not able to exclude group tags as they no longer are applied to any daminion created keyword.

i.e. Filter for images that have not yet been assigned ENTITY keyword (and by association, any keyword subordinates).

The behaviour, using the example above, I am expecting is to add 'female' and have the parent 'ENTITY' keyword populated automatically. (I do note that I can tick both the keyword and it's parent - but that's not going to do at all.)

Any help/advice/pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

TIA

Simon

When keywords are applied, I need daminion to enter the full tag hierarchy, not just the node endpoint. When I use either the 'apply mode' or look up + apply tags on the properties panel, I'm finding that only the node endpoints are created.

You will see the entire tag hierarchy (inclduing the synonyms) if you'll mouse over this endpoint on the right panel. We display tags without parent tags in the Properties panel.

1. New root nodes of the same name are appearing in my tag hierarchy after tagging using a non-root keyword within daminion.

i.e. Entity|Female spawns a new root node 'Female' ('entity' is not added at the time of keyword entry)

I can't reproduce it. Can you please record us a brief video using this small screen capture utility.

2. When performing Boolean filters/searches I am not able to exclude group tags as they no longer are applied to any daminion created keyword.

It's possible to exclude groups when performing searches. But again, a video might helps here.

The behaviour, using the example above, I am expecting is to add 'female' and have the parent 'ENTITY' keyword populated automatically. (I do note that I can tick both the keyword and it's parent - but that's not going to do at all.)

Any help/advice/pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

If you start typing the 'female' in the right panel you will see a suggestion hint with the entire hierarchy path: ENTITY\Female.