Move Database?

Russell

Hi Murat,

This might be related to some of my troubles - I don't know how to move things around on my system - and I remembered, during the server install, setting Daminion to it's own drive to store things - now that I've opened the Daminion Server Administration control panel, I realize that setting only took effect for "uploading files" - my database is on my C: drive which is a very fast SSD drive, but space limited (120GB).

I'd like to move the database to a second SSD drive, all by itself (D:), but I have absolutely no idea how to do it. I suspect I can't do it within Daminion software itself, can you provide some guidance?

Thanks,

Russell

There are several options:

1. Using symbolink links, you can store your database on the D: drive and create a symbolic link on the C: drive. So Windows will think that it is located on the C: drive. This is a popular way to clear your SSD from large rarely used folders and files.

2. Backup your Daminion Server database. Reinstall the PostgreSQL by specifying your D: drive as a location to store the database. Restore your backup. This possible also might requires reinstalling the Daminion Server.