Problem with sorting of files

Bernd_H

Daminion is a great tool for organizing photos! But sadly, it seems to have a major problem with the sorting of files:

Sorting by filename is not working at all. Instead it seems that daminion is sorting first the filenames with capital letters A, B, C, ... and after that the filenames with lower letters a, b, c, ....

That make daminion - at least for me - unusable.

Am I the only person that has that problem?

Daminion is a great tool for organizing photos! But sadly, it seems to have a major problem with the sorting of files:

Sorting by filename is not working at all. Instead it seems that daminion is sorting first the filenames with capital letters A, B, C, ... and after that the filenames with lower letters a, b, c, ....

That make daminion - at least for me - unusable.

Am I the only person that has that problem?

I sort by filename in Daminion all the time. My filenames have following format (A - capital case letter, D - numeric digit, EXT -file extension, YYYY - 4 digit year, MM - 2 digit month, DD - 2 digit day, hh - 2 digit hour, mm - 2 digit minute, ss - 2 digit second, mls - 3 digit milisecond):

ADDDA.EXT

IMG_DDD.EXT

YYYY.MM.DD hh.mm.ss.mls.ext

No problem with sorting. Are you saying you have files with mixed capitalization, and capital letters are sorted before lower case?

Are you saying you have files with mixed capitalization, and capital letters are sorted before lower case?

Exactly. If I sort the files by filename, I see

- first all files with capital letters A to Z

- and after that block all files with lower letters a to z