Error trying to create new catalog

WarriorOne

When I try to create a new catalog in Daminion 3.2 - 1009, I get an error:

Could not load file or assembly 'file C:\User\(My User Name)\AppData\Local\Temp\PicaJet.Daminion.3ff741d7.dll" or one of its dependencies. Access is denied."

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Daminion twice and I still can't create a new catalog.

Hopefully this can be resolved.

This was the non-public test build for internal testing. Please revert back to the 1006 build. All public builds are available on the forum.

I uninstalled build 1009, installed 1006 and still seeing the problem. Default catalog is created fine, but if I try to create a new catalog it fails.

I get an error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'file C:\User\(My User Name)\AppData\Local\Temp\PicaJet.Daminion._d02b882f.dll" or one of its dependencies. Access is denied."

• 3 weeks later...

I uninstalled build 1009, installed 1006 and still seeing the problem. Default catalog is created fine, but if I try to create a new catalog it fails.

I get an error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'file C:\User\(My User Name)\AppData\Local\Temp\PicaJet.Daminion._d02b882f.dll" or one of its dependencies. Access is denied."

I was still experiencing the problem (Daminion build 994 - getting an error message when trying to create a new catalog), but found that there is a work-around:

When creating a new catalog - I start Daminion with elevated privileges using "Run As Administrator" option. That allows me to create a new catalog and not get that error message. I'm creating catalogs in the normal My Documents folder, so not sure why I have to elevate program run privileges. Elevating run-privileges is only needed when I create a new catalog. After a new catalog is setup I can work with it running Daminion with normal non-elevated privileges.