keeping on same photo while changing tags

nikon0

First of all, I want to say how much I love daminion! It's not common that I love a piece of software this much! It's much better than Lightroom.

However, there is one aspect from Lightroom that I appreciate. After I found a photo in Lightroom, I can highlight it. Then I can add another tag to see more photos. However, I would remain on the photo I selected. The additional photos would just appear after the photos that were there.

However, in Daminion, after I add a new tag, the whole page refreshes and it'd bring me to the top. I then I have to scroll down lots (sometimes thousands) of images to get to where I was. Is there any way to get Daminion to behave like Lightroom?

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately to speed up the query response time we read database information only for items which are displayed on the screen (by 50-60 at a time). And even if your page size is 2000 items per page, we don't read the them ID's and other tags until they will be displayed visually. This makes hard to locate the item that was selected before adding a new tag to our query.

Plus this item might be not be available in a new query, or moved to the second page.

I've registered this task, but I need to discuss with my team whether it's possible to accomplish this task without performance degradation of queries.

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately to speed up the query response time we read database information only for items which are displayed on the screen (by 50-60 at a time). And even if your page size is 2000 items per page, we don't read the them ID's and other tags until they will be displayed visually. This makes hard to locate the item that was selected before adding a new tag to our query.

Plus this item might be not be available in a new query, or moved to the second page.

I've registered this task, but I need to discuss with my team whether it's possible to accomplish this task without performance degradation of queries.

In that case, is it possible to quickly go back to the last image I was looking at? I tried dragging the photo in the tray for example. But I can't get the thumbnails to match the photo selected in the tray.

In the tray, I just can open the picture or export it. There's no option of for example "locate this photo in thumbnails above"

In that case, is it possible to quickly go back to the last image I was looking at? I tried dragging the photo in the tray for example. But I can't get the thumbnails to match the photo selected in the tray.

You can click on the "

In the tray, I just can open the picture or export it. There's no option of for example "locate this photo in thumbnails above"

Thumbnails that you selected in the Tray are highlighted by the green rectangle but we can't locate them now because of the problem I mentioned in my above post (we don't know all IDs of items on the page).

We've just talked about this issue, and I hope we can restore the latest selected item (even if multiple items were selected) in one of the upcoming Daminion version.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...