Bug - no video thumbnails with specific Windows username

Krzysiu

Hello!

At first thanks for such great tool. Also thanks for the Polish translation. It's very very rare to have a good Polish translation - coherent, correct, using proper terms.

So, let's describe bug:

OS: Windows 7 (probably not XP, because I think that you can't set such username in that OS)

Affected versions: for sure current and versions since one year. I didn't test earlier.

Module: mplayer

Description: Mplayer can't generate video thumbs in specific cases. It uses user data directory. My login name was KrzyÅ› - "Å›". I didn't know what's going on - I never got a single video thumbnail. Daminion don't show any error message. I started to debug it. By ProcessHacker I got the cmd of mplayer for generating thumbs that Daminion uses. When I entered it in console I got error

Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

I tried to find the reason. It's not the first case that software acts crazy and the reason was username. So I tried it on the new profile and yeah - mplayer can't generate thumb when user profile have non-standard chars. I've changed name of my old profile - works as well.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new profile in Windows named eg Żółw
  2. Load your catalog or create a new one
  3. Add any video to it

So as you see it's not really Daminion bug, but that bug affects Daminion. I don't have a clue if it's fixable. Maybe Daminion could notice user that if your profile is not typical and it could cause video thumbnail problems.

As far as I'm concerned all local functions works very well with non-standard names. At least these local functions, I don't use server stuff.