Syncing problem with files and metadata

AVoutreachmedia

I have a problem with syncing the files with the meta data. In Daminion 2.0 (911)Stand alone version, I have a folder with only the metadata, and broken chains for the photos. When I try to add the photos they appear but the metadata is gone. How to get it right?

The other thing is when we do find the images, the metadata is not showing up.

I have a problem with syncing the files with the meta data. In Daminion 2.0 (911)Stand alone version, I have a folder with only the metadata, and broken chains for the photos. When I try to add the photos they appear but the metadata is gone. How to get it right?

The other thing is when we do find the images, the metadata is not showing up.

Could you record me a short screencast video using this small utility. Or you can also give me a remote (fully controlled from your side) access to your PC via TeamViewer.

Could you record me a short screencast video using this small utility. Or you can also give me a remote (fully controlled from your side) access to your PC via TeamViewer.

Yes please, we need help. The problem occurred when somebody else at home was selecting and tagging photos, using the same version of Daminion. He brought all files to our office and we tried to install them into our database in Daminion. In went through the steps to add them and we managed to get the photos and not the metadata. Then we tried again and deleted the photos (we had copies). The image of the broken chains appeared and when we clicked on one of the broken chains the metadata appeared under the properties. As a result of going though these steps the two existing files in one of our drives disappeared and a new file in the directory appeared and was empty. We were able to locate the two lost files with our images and metadata, but the thumbnail images have a question mark on the top right hand corner and we cannot locate them. The metadata is still available for these two files.

We are happy to give you remote access. Please tell us how and when. We are in South India in the international township Auroville.