questions about 0.8.6

Sulawesi_Girl

What happens if I pause the tag syncing process and then continue tagging? Last time I tried, the syncing process froze, and I had to end Daminion in task manager.

Or how about if tags are assigned, but not yet synced, and the program is closed? Are they synced next time Daminion is run?

Today, I imported a folder and rated a few pictures. The syncing was paused, btw. Then I tried to export these pictures to a folder (resized in export)...but again, Daminion quit responding and had to be ended. And now, after several restarts of the program, I still can't get the pictures to export! I can't even cancel the export process.

What happens if I pause the tag syncing process and then continue tagging? Last time I tried, the syncing process froze, and I had to end Daminion in task manager.

When you shut the program down before it completes a sync write, the program saves it's sync status. When the program is re-started, syncing does not start automatically but waits till after a tag is changed (PG36 was asked this question on the neighbor thread). We'll improve this feature soon.

Or how about if tags are assigned, but not yet synced, and the program is closed? Are they synced next time Daminion is run?

Today, I imported a folder and rated a few pictures. The syncing was paused, btw. Then I tried to export these pictures to a folder (resized in export)...but again, Daminion quit responding and had to be ended. And now, after several restarts of the program, I still can't get the pictures to export! I can't even cancel the export process.

On the latest Daminion version this problem was fixed.