Feature request: Consider management of raw converter sidecars

Luemmel

Dear developers,

I play around with your software and I'm positively surprised by the speed and the functionality.

How ever, for using Daminion with raw converters like Silkypix or Capture one, it would be great if the user could define the raw converter specific sidecar files in Daminion, which contain the development informations, so that if one deletes/moves/renames a picture in Daminion, the sidecar is deleted/moved/renamed as well. Otherwise one would end up with a lot of orphaned sidecar files after some time.

If additionally it would be possible that Daminion shows the existence of such sidecar files as an overlay, one would be able to quickly idenitify those pictures that are allready have been worked on in the converter.

Regards,

Luemmel

In a batch file, considering sidecars while deleting a raw file would e.g. look like this:

@echo off

set IMAGE_OLD=%1

for %%i in (%IMAGE_OLD%) DO set PATH_OLD=%%~dpi

rem Adjust path to hooks (e.g. for Silkypix or Capture One; for Photivo and RawTherapee just leave "%PATH_HOOK%" empty)

set PATH_HOOK="SYLKIPIX_DS"

rem Adjust suitable hook suffix

set HOOK_SUFFIX=".5.spd"

if not exist %PATH_OLD%%PATH_HOOK% GOTO END

for %%i in (%IMAGE_OLD%) DO set NAME_OLD=%%~nxi

set HOOK=%PATH_OLD%%PATH_HOOK%\%NAME_OLD%%HOOK_SUFFIX%

del "%HOOK%"

:END

Regards,

Luemmel

Sorry for the possible delays with answers on our forum - Daminion Server release date is closer, and unfortunately it takes a lot of time.

You second post confused me ;)

I've added your request to our feature list. However our roadmap is planned based on the number of requests from our users. So I can't say when this option will be implemented.

PS. Could you please send me a few sidecar files from Silkypix and Capture one?

If additionally it would be possible that Daminion shows the existence of such sidecar files as an overlay, one would be able to quickly idenitify those pictures that are allready have been worked on in the converter.

This can be optionally resolved by using Color Labels. If you'll mark the edited RAW images by "Edited" or "Adjusted" label, then you can visually identify these images in Daminion.

You second post confused me ;)

PS. Could you please send me a few sidecar files from Silkypix and Capture one?

This can be optionally resolved by using Color Labels. If you'll mark the edited RAW images by "Edited" or "Adjusted" label, then you can visually identify these images in Daminion.

The second post was only a code example for your convenience ;-).

I could attach a sidecar from Silkypix, but it won't help you (it's a binary). (In fact the system doesn't allow me to attach the file...) The content is not relevant, my question was to keep the files while movig etc. the corresponding raw file.

For example: Silkypix produces for every raw file you worked on a sidcar residing in a sub-folder to the location of the raw file named "Silkypix_DS". The file is named like the raw file with an added ".5.spd". If I would now e.g. delete the original raw file in Daminion, the .5.spd-file would remain orphaned in the sub-folder. After some time a lot of orphaned file remain.

Regards,

Luemmel

• 6 months later...

Hmm... Moving and deleting complimentart files shouldn't be a problem while binary format makes hard to handle metadata that Silkypix might store metadata inside the side cars. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

This topic has rest a while. Did you in the meantime consider the handling of complimentary files?

Regards,

Luemmel

We added support for

".nks" - nikon sidecars

".dop" - dxo sidecars

".pp3" - RawTherapee sidecars

Support for SilkyPix sidecars will be added later because they are stored differently than other sidecars (on another sub-folder) and should be managed differently.

We added support for

".nks" - nikon sidecars

".dop" - dxo sidecars

".pp3" - RawTherapee sidecars

Support for SilkyPix sidecars will be added later because they are stored differently than other sidecars (on another sub-folder) and should be managed differently.

Thank you very much, you made my day! Particularly the pp3-extension is quite important to me.

Regards,

Luemmel