Index Out of Bounds on Adding Photos (875)

gerlin

I just downloaded and installed server and client 875. This is a fresh install and my first time trying daminion. I added a directory of about 20 photos, all went well. I added some titles and keywords. I then added a directory with about 60 photos. Again all went well. I updated titles and tags. I then tried to add photos from a third directory. The selection screen comes up fine, though as soon as I try to add the photos I get a popup with an "Index was outside of the bounds of the array" message.

out-of-bounds.jpg

I have quit both the client and server and retried adding photos (from several different directories) and I consistently get the "Out of bounds" error every time.

Thanks for the info! Could you please provide us a bit more info:

1. Did you try to import file into Shared or Local catalog?

2. Can you please click on the Details button on the error message and send us the hold bug-report text.

3. What Windows version do you have installed?

4. Does it possible to give us a remote access to your PC for a few minutes?

Here is some more info on the issue.

The error occurs when importing into the Shared catalog.

I am using Windows 7-64 Pro on both the client and server.

The photos are stored on a network share, no on the local client or the system running daminion. All computers have access to the share.

I have installed the client on another computer and it is working fine attached to the same server (and catalog). I have added several bathes of images without issue.

I though that maybe I broke the server as I remembered that I switched the license from team to home after adding the first batches of photos. However, with the new client I have switched the server license back and forth a few times and it still has not broken the import.

The original client (with the import issue) displays the images added from the second client with no problems.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the client and it still has the issue (the preference must have been retained, since it connected back to the server without reconfiguration).

This may be unrelated, though sometimes when I double click on a preview it locks up daminion instead of showing the full image.

Below is the full error message. If you still want to connect, I can probably set it up.

Lou

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at PicaJet.Daminion.ClientCommon.PicaJetEnginePresenter.GenerateCustomsPresets(Boolean convertFolderStructure, IList`1 items, MetadataPreset importPreset, IDictionary`2 list) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ClientCommon\Presenters\PicaJetEnginePresenterActions.cs:line 7293
  at PicaJet.Daminion.ClientCommon.PicaJetEnginePresenter.StartImportFiles(IMediaItemSource source, ICatalogView catalogView, String preset, DNGConverterSettings dngSettings, Boolean convertFolderStructure) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ClientCommon\Presenters\PicaJetEnginePresenterActions.cs:line 7150
  at PicaJet.Daminion.ClientCommon.PicaJetEnginePresenter.OutsideImportSync(Object sender, MainThreadJobEventArgs args) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ClientCommon\Presenters\PicaJetEnginePresenter.cs:line 458
  at WinPicaJet.MainForm.DoMainThreadJobSync(Object sender, MainThreadJobDelegate job, MainThreadJobEventArgs args) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\WinPicaJet\MainForm.cs:line 1482

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Daminion
   Assembly Version: 1.0.0.875
   Win32 Version: 1.0.0.875
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Daminion%20Software/Daminion/Daminion.exe
----------------------------------------
PicaJet.Daminion.Common
   Assembly Version: 1.0.0.875
   Win32 Version: 1.0.0.875
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/PicaJet.Daminion.Common/1.0.0.875__9f58e3cb9c5c74e7/PicaJet.Daminion.Common.dll