Conflict with Datacolor Spyder 4 software

neilgcart

I use a Datacolor Spyder 4 Pro to calibrate my monitors and yesterday discovered that with Daminion Server installed the Spyder 4 pro calibration software locks with a message informing me that there has been an XML exception in MonitorList Lookup preventing me from calibrating the monitor. I have tried this on a second PC and the Spyder 4 Pro software works fine until Daminion Server is installed at which point this error appears. I am running the latest copy 4.5.4 of the Spyder 4 Pro software and Daminion server build 875.

This could potentially be a big issue as may people that potentially would use Daminion Server will be working with a calibrated monitor and if they are using a Datacolor Spyder they will not be able to perform a periodic calibration of the monitor. I am communicating this issue to Datacolor as well so hopefully the issue can be resolved by you or them.

Neil

Murat,

I have attached a jpg image of the error. I am using Windows 8 64 bit and the error occurs at the point where you try and move from the Monitor selection screen to the start of the calibration procedure. I have Windows 7 on my Laptop so when I have more time tomorrow I will install Daminion Server on the Laptop to see if I can reproduce the error on Windows 7.

Neilpost-1656-0-66938600-1376423100_thumb.jpg

Neil, thanks for the screenshot. Could you please to the following steps:

0. Launch Daminion Server Admin Panel and press the Stop button

1. Press Win + R

2. Type in "control appwiz.cpl" without quotes

3. Click on the "Turn Windows features on or off" option on the left side

4. Turn OFF the '.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)' option INCLUDING its sub-options and click OK.

5. Try to launch Spyder 4.0 again.

If you'll see another type of error please reinstall Spyder 4.0 and try to launch it again.

Murat,

I have followed the steps outlined and the problem is still there. I have also tried running a calibration using the Spyder 4 on my Laptop which runs Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. The Laptop only has the Daminion client installed and the same issue is occurring on the Laptop. Hopefully this gives you a bit more useful information.

Neil

I have followed the steps outlined and the problem is still there. I have also tried running a calibration using the Spyder 4 on my Laptop which runs Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. The Laptop only has the Daminion client installed and the same issue is occurring on the Laptop. Hopefully this gives you a bit more useful information.

Hmm... Does the problem disappear after uninstalling Daminion? If yes, may I ask you to give us a temporary access to your computer via TeamViewer?

The problem does not disappear when Daminion is uninstalled however when I first encountered the problem I restored an image of the PC I had taken at a point prior to the first installation of Daminion. In this state the problem was not apparent so from my findings it appears that the problem is introduced when Daminion is installed but is then not removed by uninstalling Daminion.

Should you need temporary access to the PC via TeamViewer I may be able to arrange this.

Neil

It might be related to .NET framework settings that we use in Daminion, but can't say without a remote session.

Should you need temporary access to the PC via TeamViewer I may be able to arrange this.

Can we arrange it for tomorrow (our timezone is GMT +04, and our working hours 10am-8pm)?

• 1 month later...

To give Murat and everyone else an update on this issue, following Murat's time spent looking into this and identifying that it was likely to be the Spyder software having a .net issue, I have tried to contact Datacolor customer support several times over the past few weeks and have had not a single response from them. They appear to have completely ignored the fact that their software is not working and I am unable to calibrate my monitor.

My solution to the problem was to stick with Daminion which is a company that provides excellent customer support and ditch the Spyder calibrator as Datacolor do not appear interested in providing any customer support. I now have an Xrite monitor calibrator which I can confirm works perfectly with Daminion and as an additional bonus is a far better device than the Datacolor one.

Neil