Cannot run Daminion Server

rsmith1

I am unable to run any of the Daminion Server versions newer than build 833. I have tried most of the builds from 836-860, and they all fail with this error:

Service cannot be started. System.Security.Principal.IdentityNotMappedException: Some or all identity references could not be translated.
  at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess)
  at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(Type targetType)
  at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.CheckRulesEx(FileSystemRights total, WindowsIdentity identity, AuthorizationRuleCollection rules, Boolean allow) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 54
  at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.GetFileSystemRights(String path) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 83
  at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.OnStart(String[] args) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 171
  at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

I am not sure if this is relevant, but I have never been able to install Daminion Server using domain\user. My workaround since my first Daminion Server install many months ago is to install as Local System then change the logon information using the Services control panel.

All versions, including 833, which does seem to work correctly, tell me in the Daminion Server Administration app that my login has "no access to certificate". Clicking the link "Grant this account access to a SSL certificate" does not appear to do anything.

Just for the record, I am running PostgreSQL 9.2-x64, upgraded per Murat's instructions in this forum.

I do not have any urgent need to upgrade at this time, but I wanted to be sure to get this issue on the radar as RC 3 progresses. If there is any information I can provide or any tests I can run to help troubleshoot this issues, please let me know.

Randy

• 1 year later...

Hello Murat

When will you have some time for a TeamViewer Session?

Andreas

Hey Andreas!

Can you give us more info about the issue (screenshots, screen cast videos, bug-reports, etc...)

You can also give us a remote access to your server PC via the TeamViewer.