color space info from Nikon NEF files

photomy

I see that the latest version of the desktop Daminion software 1.0.0 857 requires me to convert all of my NEF files to sRGB or to DNG files in order to view proper colors. The NEF files show as unknown color profile in the Catalog tag window.

I am not sure why this is so difficult when all of the competitors such as Photomechanic, etc. can read the color space coding in the NEF file and show the embedded preview jpeg with perfect color. The color space info is right in the metadata area of the NEF file and can be easily seen with exiftool.

This is a great program, but most people want to see their files with correct color without having to convert all of them.

Any thoughts on how I can stay with your great program?

Thanks, Tom

Tom, thanks for your comment! But you can still import your NEF files without converting them to DNG format. This is an optional feature that is switched off by default.

If some of your NEF images that are incorrectly displayed in the Daminion please send us a sample image (email it to support at daminion.net or share it via dropbox or by any other ways). We'll analyze it.

- What color profile info do you see in the Properties panel for these images?

- Does the Color Management feature is turned on in the Preferences > Color Management

Tom, thanks for your comment! But you can still import your NEF files without converting them to DNG format. This is an optional feature that is switched off by default.

If some of your NEF images that are incorrectly displayed in the Daminion please send us a sample image (email it to support at daminion.net or share it via dropbox or by any other ways). We'll analyze it.

- What color profile info do you see in the Properties panel for these images?

- Does the Color Management feature is turned on in the Preferences > Color Management

OK, I will send a couple samples.

Thanks for the good work to date.

- Tom