Import in-place

phcorrigan

There is a "Rescan Folders" option that you can use for this purpose:

- You can copy images to the destination folder by a third party software

- Then import one image from the copied folder.

- Right click on the root folder in the Tags Tree > Folders. And launch Rescan Folders command. In many cases this will works faster that importing images via "Add Files" command.

There is a "Rescan Folders" option that you can use for this purpose:

- You can copy images to the destination folder by a third party software

- Then import one image from the copied folder.

- Right click on the root folder in the Tags Tree > Folders. And launch Rescan Folders command. In many cases this will works faster that importing images via "Add Files" command.

Do I import the one image by making the destination directory the same as the source directory?

Do I import the one image by making the destination directory the same as the source directory?

In this case your source directory will appear on the tags panel. And Rescan will import all the images from the source directory.

If you need to Copy file to a new location before importing them I suggest you to use the "Add Files > Copy To" option instead.

Rescan Folder works well when the location of files should not be changed. And you just need to reflect the outside file/folder changes within Daminion.

In this case your source directory will appear on the tags panel. And Rescan will import all the images from the source directory.

If you need to Copy file to a new location before importing them I suggest you to use the "Add Files > Copy To" option instead.

Rescan Folder works well when the location of files should not be changed. And you just need to reflect the outside file/folder changes within Daminion.

Here is the scenario: I have copied the directory and images that I want to import the the Daminion data directory. I can't see a way to import the first image. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Here is the scenario: I have copied the directory and images that I want to import the the Daminion data directory. I can't see a way to import the first image. Is this possible?

If you copied your images to a shared folder you can click on the "Add Files" button, then locate a few folders with images on your root folder with images and import them. Or import an image from one folder and then another image from another folder.

This displays your root folder as the separate tag in the tags tree. And allows you to invoke the "Rescan Folders" command to the entire root folder with your images.