Problem when importing many of the different thousands of photos

emef

Hello everyone,

I tested "Dominion" yesterday on Seven 64bit machine and I have a problem importing photos into a new catalog.

My photos are on a disk (e: \ photos) and classified by dates in different sub-folder. I have about + / - 14 000 to import into the catalog it is on another disk (I import without moving pictures).

If at first all goes well, after a few hundred images the import meter is running more ... and I can wait forever, nothing happens. If I try to click on a menu or another, sometimes "Dominion" closes.

By cons, if I go by "Ctrl-I", and when I go into each selection and folders I select all the photos by "Ctrl-A", well then everything works perfectly, regardless of the number of photos contained in the folder ... But it is very tedious and very long ... ;-)

A little advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

A few questions might helps to shed a light to the problem:

- Do you import your photos to a local or shared catalog (Daminion Server based)?

- What media formats did you import to the catalog?

- If you use a local catalog, could you please launch the Daminion with the -log_enable parameter (without d on the end), then start importing your images again. And once the program will freeze please send me the folder with log files:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Daminion Software\Daminion\1.0\Logs

- Does the problem reproduced with the 803 build that we published in our forum yesterday?

Thank you for your prompt response.

I will install the 803 version, and try again. I'll get back to you later.

(...)

I just installed it, but when I want to use the "F6" function, it tells me that this function is no longer usable because my trial period is over?

Image formats that I catalog are mainly "NEF", "JPEG", "TIF" and punctually "PSD".

I just installed it, but when I want to use the "F6" function, it tells me that this function is no longer usable because my trial period is over?

Thanks for the info. This issue will be fixed soon: we are testing licensing schemes now.

Retry with step-by-step help: it goes up to 3.4%, then nothing.

If I try to open anything in the menus, the application crashes and I Dopis kill the process manually.

I'll send the log just now.

Did you see any error messages or bug reports after that? Can you give me a remote access to your PC via TeamViewer (or similar remote access tools)?

By cons, if I go by "Ctrl-I", and when I go into each selection and folders I select all the photos by "Ctrl-A", well then everything works perfectly, regardless of the number of photos contained in the folder ... But it is very tedious and very long ... ;-)

You can select multiple folders along with multiple images and then press the "Add" button.

Thanks for the info. This issue will be fixed soon: we are testing licensing schemes now.

(...)

You can select multiple folders along with multiple images and then press the "Add" button.

Following your advice (select multiple folders and serve me "add" button) I select the directorys one year (+ / - 4700 pictures).

After a moment, Windows informed me that the application "Daminion" (version 803) had stopped working. Attached is the last "log" file.

log.txt

Thanks for the log file. Could you please send me this file "E:Photos2006-07-07Au dйpart de Modave_0006.NEF" to support at daminion.net?

BTW, storing your catalog file on the same folder where your images are located allows you to transfer your photos along with the catalog file to a new location or another computer in the future with easy.

(...)

BTW, storing your catalog file on the same folder where your images are located allows you to transfer your photos along with the catalog file to a new location or another computer in the future with easy.

In the root (E: \ Pictures \) or in each sub-folder (e: \ pictures \ 20130530 \ ... and... e: \ pictures \ 20130531 \)?

P.S.: The photo was sent to "[email protected]"

"subject: for Murat Korkmazov"

TIA.

• Upvote 1

In the root (E: \ Pictures \) or in each sub-folder (e: \ pictures \ 20130530 \ ... and... e: \ pictures \ 20130531 \)?

In the Root (E: \ Pictures \) . You can then copy E:\Pictures to a new location and your catalog will contain workable links to your files.

Thanks for the file. The problem due to the umlaut symbol in the file name.

The problem with import freezing was because of problems with the image you sent me. It contains a corrupted data (plus it contains a very tiny JPEG preview image). If you'll resave it by CaptureNX you will be able to import it.

But anyway we'll correctly handle such files. Thank you for the contribution!

Daminion 1.0 RC2 (806)

I installed this update and the "F6" function works. In addition, having edited the file (NEF), and save the new version to delete the one that was a problem, import finally seems fine ... but it seems to me (I still have to check) that re-imports the images already in the database (the famous 3.4% could manage to do it before).

So, I end up with duplicates in the database: there is a way to fix this? :blush:

Thank you again for your help. :good2:

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. :dash2:

Wanting to solve the problem of duplicates in the database, I tried to create a new catalog, placing it in the root directory that contains my photos.

And again, "Dominion" freezes after a few hundred files. I get an error which I have the description given by Windows. I attached the file here (fail_dominion.txt) in addition log.txt. If it can help you?

dominion_fail.txt

log.txt

Hello,

I've updated the program (after completely uninstalling the previous version), I changed the cache (in settings.xml) passing from 2000 to 3000 (if it does not change, at least the program still works;-)). I also removed the old catalogs and recreated again at the root of my photo folder.

The creation of the new catalog was arrested several times, but finally, the "F6" function, I got to the end. Phew!

For the rest I will contact you when necessary.

Thank you again for your patience.

For now "Daminion" imported me 10185 files in the root directory of "Pictures."

When previously successful import (with the 803 version) in another directory (another drive) me he had found more than 14000. :shok:

Would there be a way to compare these two catalogs? And adjusting one of the other two? :unknw:

Hello,

I come to you again because I still have the same problems with Dominion (ver. 816). When I run the scan again (F6), Dominion going fast enough "336" to "132" ... but to move to "128" it needs more than two hours ... :wacko2:

If I stop the scan, Dominion blocks and generates an error in Windows.

Also note that this latest version (816) options for selecting the "F6" function is grayed out and innacessible for changes. :shok:

I attached the log and screenshots of the Windows error copy.

post-1632-0-31998500-1370511035_thumb.jpg

log.txt

Also note that this latest version (816) options for selecting the "F6" function is grayed out and innacessible for changes. :shok:

The "Rescan" command will be grayed out until you'll select a folder in the tags tree. Because it should be applied to a selection of folders or a folder.

I need some info about the folder for which you invoked the "Rescan Folder" command:

- Where that folder is located: on a shared or local or a NAS drive?

- What type of files that folder is contained and by what average file size?

- Can you:

a. Select that folder in Daminion's tag tree and remove it all it's files from the catalog.

b. Close Daminion and launch it from the command line by the -log_enable parameter (Start > Run > "c:\Program Files\Daminion Software\Daminion\Daminion.exe" -log_enable)

b. Rescan that folder again

c. If the rescan will freezed again please send me the logs file:

C:\ProgramData\Daminion Software\Daminion Server\Logs\Logs.txt

Alternatively you can provide us an access to your PC via TeamViewer?

The "Rescan" command Will Be grayed out up to you'll select a folder in the tree tags. Because it shoulds be Applied to a selection of folders or a folder.

I need some info about the folder for All which you Invoked the "Rescan Folder" command:

- Where That folder is located: on a local or shared drive or a NAS?

-> On a local disk;

- What kind of files That folder is contained and by what average file size?

-> Most file "raw", "jpg", "tif" or "psd" (according to my workflow)

- Can you:

a. Select folder in Daminion That's tag tree and remove it all it's files from the catalog.

-> Already done (but with the previous beta)

b. Close Daminion and launch it from the command line by the-log_enable parameter (Start> Run> "c: \ Program Files \ Daminion Software \ Daminion \ Daminion.exe"-log_enable)

-> I tried all versions of Dominion are with this setting, as evidenced by the log file from my previous message.

b. That folder rescan again

-> Pfff ... at home with my 14000 files, it takes hours to start over ... and I've done four or five times since the beginning of this thread;

c. If the rescan Will freezed again please send me the log file:

C: \ ProgramData \ Daminion Software \ Daminion Server \ Logs \ Logs.txt

-> If you really go through it

Alternatively you can Provide us an access to your PC via TeamViewer?

-> Sorry but no.

Thank you in advance.

> Dominion going fast enough "336" to "132" ... but to move to "128" it needs more than two hours

Sorry I misunderstood you here. Displaying the importing progress is differ depending from what way did you select to import your files:

- Add Files: a number of "not-imported" files in the importing queue will be displayed

- Rescan Folder: a number of "not-imported" in the CURRENT rescanning folder will be displayed. That means if Rescan will goes through 20 folders inside a Rescanning folder - you will see the separate progress for each folder. This is because the Rescan command doesn't calculate the number of files inside the Root Rescanning folder before the rescan.

So in your case: "336" and "128" were numbers of "not-imported" files from 2 different folders.

"Sorry I misunderstood you here. Displaying the importing progress is Differ from what way DEPENDING About did you select to import your files:

- Add Files: a number of "not-imported" files in the importing tail displayed Will Be

- Rescan Folder: a number of "not-imported" in the CURRENT folder rescanning Will Be displayed. That means clustering Rescan if Will goes through 20 Rescanning folders inside a folder - You Will See the separate progress for EACH folder. Because this is the Rescan command Does not calculate the number of files inside the folder Root Rescanning before the rescan.

So in your case: "336" and "128" Were numbers of "not-imported" files from two different folders. "

In short: with IDimager v.5 my database includes / - 14000 photo files (nef, jpg, tif and psd). This number is also displayed by IMatch 3.6.

Dominion me think / - 10000. If I rescans my photo folder (F6), it appears to me, in the bottom of the screen, a number that passes quickly (low) to about 336 to 132. The program appears to hang (sometimes for more than an hour) on the figure of 132 (sometimes it goes up to 128). But if I try to open a menu or simply display another page of photos listed Dominion Windows crashes and shows me an error window. The only way I have at this time to close the display of Dominion is to kill the "Dominion 32" process. So I can never completely scans rma basis.

If attached screen shots and copy the error message given by Windows.

post-1632-0-81131700-1370544396_thumb.jpg

post-1632-0-41118100-1370544413_thumb.jpg

post-1632-0-89385700-1370544440_thumb.jpg

post-1632-0-03677400-1370544461_thumb.jpg

post-1632-0-81886500-1370544484_thumb.jpg

post-1632-0-09997800-1370544501_thumb.jpg

Dominion_fail_in_Windows.txt

Does it possible to send me your catalog file without the "~Thumbs" folder for analyzing and if possible also this file:

E:\Photos\2012-01-30\emef_20120130_DSC5450.NEF

Apparently the catalog is too large, I send it by dropbox :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16329473/photos.dmc

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16329473/emef_20120130_DSC5450.NEF