Question to field 'description - comment'

Herb

Hello,

I am working with Daminion standalone version 1.0.0 build 779 and I have a question to the field comment in description properties.

I have an *.jpg image with non empty field Exif:UserComment.

After importing this image the content of this field in not displayed in Daminion.

When I modify the properties field description -> comment and write all tags back into the image I do not see the new comment value inside the file.

But the tag Exif:UserComment has been deleted by Daminion.

From a Daminion document called "metadata-mapping-rules" it get the impression that Exif:UserComment will be supported and it will be displayed under descriptions.

Is the comment value only stored inside Daminion catalog file?

An why is Exif:UserComment deleted by Daminion?

Maybe I do not have the latest version of the "metadata-mapping-rules" document (it does not have any version), so please tell me where to get this latest version.

Thanks in advance and

Best regards

Herb

In the early Daminion versions the EXIF:Comment field was the reason of some problems with handling metadata in images. So we temporarily disabled it. But the problem has been solved now and mapping to the EXIF:Comment field can be restored in the RC2 version.