Some minor finding / suggestions for improvements

_noel_

•  
  • with F5 (refresh) the thumbs scroll to the top of page, it would be nice, if Daminion could keep the last view in focus
  • a keyboard shortcut for "open with" main application would be nice (e.g. CaptureNX2 for NEFs, Photoshop for DNGs)
  • with DGNs and rotate (F3 or F4) sometimes I get a grey rectangle instead of the thumb, then no application can open the DNG until Daminion is closed
  • additionally the thumb refresh orgy after rotating one thumb is not very nice ...
  • open with / define external tools: an option would be nice, where you can start one instance of an external tool with a bunch of images.
    Example 1: I've repaired a lot of my images, which tags have been scrambled by other tools, with some ExifTool command line options.
    Daminion starts a ExifTool instance for every image at once, n images --> n ExifTool.exe's at one blow :shok:
    Example 2: Daminion has no "slide show" functionality yet, so it would be fine if I could start an external slideshow software with a bagful of images

Hi,

[*] with F5 (refresh) the thumbs scroll to the top of page, it would be nice, if Daminion could keep the last view in focus

+1

[*] a keyboard shortcut for "open with" main application would be nice (e.g. CaptureNX2 for NEFs, Photoshop for DNGs)

Yeah, I think we need more customizable shortcuts for external tools. The V is often not enough.

[*] open with / define external tools: an option would be nice, where you can start one instance of an external tool with a bunch of images.

It was mentioned earlier. At least, I mentioned it, that's sure.

The only problem with this that it's not working with every program. I guess, a filelist would work with exiftool, but you can't open in example acdsee's quick viewer with more than one files, it will open one file (the first selected one), and you can browse its directory (Daminion could copy the selected files to a temporary directory but it would slow down the whole process, it's not worth it, especially that I'm using acdsee because it's a much faster full screen viewer.)

I'm sure that there are more external tools which can open filelists, maybe Daminion could support them separately from the others. But we need the current open function, too.

Regards,

mammut

Daminion could copy the selected files to a temporary directory but it would slow down the whole process, it's not worth it

Daminion will copy an image to a temporary folder only if the file is not accessible by reference, for example is located on the local server based folder. Otherwise it will open images without creating temporary file copies. There was a small bug with it that caused the problem in early program versions, but we fixed it in the 770 version.

Daminion will copy an image to a temporary folder only if the file is not accessible by reference, for example is located on the local server based folder. Otherwise it will open images without creating temporary file copies. There was a small bug with it that caused the problem in early program versions, but we fixed it in the 770 version.

I see, I didn't know that the server version is using this technique, I don't use shared catalog now, because there is only one at the moment (I know that there'll be more later), and I have too many images for one catalog, and since I have only one computer, every file was local and accessible when I tried the server. :) (By the way, as you mentioned it, I remembered that I had a problem some file copying last year, but it was solved, and I forgot the details already.)

But anyway, I would have to wait for the copy process, but I'm using the external tool to not have to wait for the image rendering, so it would kill its usefulness if Daminion (standalone version, theoretically) would copy files to temp dirs all the time. I'm sure it could be useful for someone else, but it wouldn't be my kind of feature, that's all. :)