General guidance on API connection required

Hi, I would like to know if there is a general first steps guide to being able to connect to a NAS server that is using Daminion through the API?
We have the Daminion Server installed on it and I'm trying to find out which IP address and port I am supposed to connect to, to try to request the thumbnail of a specific image given its ID using GET api/thumbnail/{id}/{width}/{height}
I supposed there would already be a 'first steps' kind of guide but I can't find anything anywhere. I can connect using the windows app, Server Administration and web app already.

Is there any possibility to receive some help on this issue?

Edit: Messing around in Server Administration I have noticed that the Catalogs all appear with API Enabled as No.

Edit: Messing around in Server Administration I have noticed that the Catalogs all appear with API Enabled as No.

This parameter is no longer used, and is removed in the new versions. 

We have the Daminion Server installed on it and I'm trying to find out which IP address and port I am supposed to connect to, to try to request the thumbnail of a specific image given its ID using GET api/thumbnail/{id}/{width}/{height}

Please describe how you want to interact with the api in more detail. Is it a web application or another way to request Get. In the first case you will need to configure for web https access.

The Api used is the same as in the Web application. Before making requests, you must be logged in and receive a cookie.

How to get a cookie can be seen in this short guide: 

GET api/thumbnail/{id}/{width}/{height} 

The maximum size is 400 x 400. 

Hi, thanks a lot for answering.

Our company is based in San Francisco but we are looking to enable our new office in Colombia and we want them to be able to upload images from our server running Daminion to our website using the React.js web app we are developing.

The connection would be done logging in and using GET through Axios to fetch image thumbnails and some relevant image tags.

Of course, an IP is needed but we usually access through the Daminion webapp locally so I'm trying to find an ip that can be used through the internet to connect through the API and where could I find it.

We use an older version due to an update issue on our license.

13 hours ago, alessandromorelli said:

Hi, thanks a lot for answering.

Our company is based in San Francisco but we are looking to enable our new office in Colombia and we want them to be able to upload images from our server running Daminion to our website using the React.js web app we are developing.

The connection would be done logging in and using GET through Axios to fetch image thumbnails and some relevant image tags.

Of course, an IP is needed but we usually access through the Daminion webapp locally so I'm trying to find an ip that can be used through the internet to connect through the API and where could I find it.

We use an older version due to an update issue on our license.

The best option is to use another web server which will convert our api to the one you need. You can see the backend for frontend pattern https://medium.com/mobilepeople/backend-for-frontend-pattern-why-you-need-to-know-it-46f94ce420b0
This is a more secure way. Since the other options imply using a login to daminion in the public domain.