REST Api api/Import/UploadFile

MarvinHorst

I have been sucessful using the REST Api for accessing information already loaded in Daminion. I'm attempting to upload a file into the repository and I receive the following reply.

{"message":"Authorization has been denied for this request."}

The user account being used has the Admin role. Is there more documentation on how to upload a file? Perhaps I need a destination path or something.

Hello,@MarvinHorst.

Could you please give me some more information:

• Describe your import scenario. We have several import mechanisms, so you need to know exactly what you want.
  • What do you use to make requests ?

Is there more documentation on how to upload a file? 

Unfortunately, no. We are supplementing the documentation, depending on what users ask for. This is currently the first request. 

Best regards, Oleg.

Our users have been using the web client to copy images to the local folder on the Daminion Server. I'm attempting to upload a file to the local folder on the server using a REST call via the API and CURL.

Perhaps this has something to do with it?

image.thumb.png.9cb06686c75c932a7595ef4f0a7ee426.png

Also I see the API Enabled is set to No. My other REST calls are working fine. What is this?

Thanks!

@MarvinHorst Run the panel under the same user that is running the server.Check if the path specified in the directory settings is available. But I don't think that's the problem. Otherwise users would not be able to upload their files.

Also I see the API Enabled is set to No. My other REST calls are working fine. What is this?

This is an old API, we don't use it right now. 

HOW-TO Upload files:

1. First at all, we need to get authorization: 

curl -X POST '{CATALOG_URL}/account/login' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' --data-raw '{
    "usernameOrEmailAddress": "{USERNAME}",
    "password": "{PASSWORD}"
}'

Windows example:

curl -v -X POST (CATALOG-URL)/account/login -H "Content-Type:application/json" --data {\"usernameOrEmailAddress\":\"admin\",\"password\":\"admin\"}"

Response:

POST /daminion/account/login HTTP/1.1
> Host: 192.168.88.22
> User-Agent: curl/7.83.1
> Accept: */*
> Content-Type:application/json
> Content-Length: 53
>
* Mark bundle as not supporting multiuse
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Cache-Control: private
< Pragma: no-cache
< Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
< Expires: -1
< Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0
< Set-Cookie: .ASPXANONYMOUS=RyL-3gxQx5JAIb4eRNXzLvWb0ysgctmvLrNF8aGM-ssJ3X7ry6tcSCmBbHGekGR42YIXFL_yqRCuZYTUMPHKYJymFBcOX4FZQAgp9qnxRWACAfEON4UTiHYhGFvF6UbINcFeFwW5gOlUNegVPzhzUQ2; expires=Tue, 27-Dec-2022 23:53:02 GMT; path=/; HttpOnly
< Set-Cookie: ASP.NET_SessionId=luoybotwqf1pxw1zouhuqfje; path=/; HttpOnly; SameSite=Lax
< X-AspNetMvc-Version: 5.2
< Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: true
< X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319
< Set-Cookie: .AspNet.ApplicationCookie=Zt9ei-vz0vZenuKc4OwWOgKao30i1jNiazTBwxGUTWpTnheBhjAJEAXgRaku9iz31EsRT0SwJSyhzQ36r-GgDCWCZzBHTXP9KtJ48vtkPK_wuCLhrQcU0pgR9kLAE17-Ko3ruU-dnZOsAMlz-MPfQf-qg_CapP_00S5SNDZoXK3LonEpIB0NRy9IpnzHYD_2Gl7wVA4sd0i_r7J1wa0QkpKnn2oBF6MPFJlkRD51moEhqJUHDn8Qfgrp3P1yg5FDz0IYwvg3_Fh6ldwoUgHIb--zwo_DBCgKfEpYDZCvLU6vZHowi6gRGIrH4TuK73m3nyW_NfiAKNstjxbyyQ6eD9lKJwhJ5LpGp20lq6KXv56NaOjhRgZ4uokGzVPEAKCmATPAtAL7ISe4hE-z1GFeEQ; path=/; HttpOnly
< X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
< Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 13:13:02 GMT
< Content-Length: 68

Cookie:

.AspNet.ApplicationCookie=Zt9ei-vz0vZenuKc4OwWOgKao30i1jNiazTBwxGUTWpTnheBhjAJEAXgRaku9iz31EsRT0SwJSyhzQ36r-GgDCWCZzBHTXP9KtJ48vtkPK_wuCLhrQcU0pgR9kLAE17-Ko3ruU-dnZOsAMlz-MPfQf-qg_CapP_00S5SNDZoXK3LonEpIB0NRy9IpnzHYD_2Gl7wVA4sd0i_r7J1wa0QkpKnn2oBF6MPFJlkRD51moEhqJUHDn8Qfgrp3P1yg5FDz0IYwvg3_Fh6ldwoUgHIb--zwo_DBCgKfEpYDZCvLU6vZHowi6gRGIrH4TuK73m3nyW_NfiAKNstjxbyyQ6eD9lKJwhJ5LpGp20lq6KXv56NaOjhRgZ4uokGzVPEAKCmATPAtAL7ISe4hE-z1GFeEQ

2. Import file:

curl -X POST '{CATALOG_URL}/api/import/uploadFile' -H 'Cookie: .AspNet.ApplicationCookie={AUTHENTICATION_COOKIE}' -F 'file=@"{PATH_TO_FILE}"'

Windows sample:

curl -X POST http://192.168.XX.XX/daminion/api/import/uploadFile --cookie ".AspNet.ApplicationCookie=Zt9ei-vz0vZenuKc4OwWOgKao30i1jNiazTBwxGUTWpTnheBhjAJEAXgRaku9iz31EsRT0SwJSyhzQ36r-GgDCWCZzBHTXP9KtJ48vtkPK_wuCLhrQcU0pgR9kLAE17-Ko3ruU-dnZOsAMlz-MPfQf-qg_CapP_00S5SNDZoXK3LonEpIB0NRy9IpnzHYD_2Gl7wVA4sd0i_r7J1wa0QkpKnn2oBF6MPFJlkRD51moEhqJUHDn8Qfgrp3P1yg5FDz0IYwvg3_Fh6ldwoUgHIb--zwo_DBCgKfEpYDZCvLU6vZHowi6gRGIrH4TuK73m3nyW_NfiAKNstjxbyyQ6eD9lKJwhJ5LpGp20lq6KXv56NaOjhRgZ4uokGzVPEAKCmATPAtAL7ISe4hE-z1GFeEQ" -F file=@"C:\Users\Oleg\Documents/3.png"

Response file GUID:

"9021d5ce-8719-4ece-bf01-295476d3820b"