Compare two PSDs. Display one on left and blank on right.

satyatunes

I am currently evaluating Daminion's version control feature. I added a Photoshop (PSD) file to the catalog then checked it out, edited and checked in. In item audit history when I select Revision #1 and click compare with current version it shows only current version on the left panel, the right panel is blank. Same goes when I make it full screen, on top it shows two function buttons F1 and F2, however it doesn't show anything when I click on F2. Same behavior when I select two revisions and click "Compare revisions...".

Spec:

Daminion latest 4.1 1280 build

Window 10 Pro 64-Bit

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Just sent you the PSD file.

Also I noticed it keeps a copy of the file in ~versions folder. Interestingly the size of these copies are same as the original. Sometimes the PSD files are really big (50mb, 100mb, etc.). If it goes through several revisions then hard disk space becomes an issue. I know it can be mitigated by having enough space but some kind of optimization would be nice.

Just sent you the PSD file.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this issue. Did you delete any file from "~versions" folder?

Also I noticed it keeps a copy of the file in ~versions folder. Interestingly the size of these copies are same as the original. Sometimes the PSD files are really big (50mb, 100mb, etc.). If it goes through several revisions then hard disk space becomes an issue. I know it can be mitigated by having enough space but some kind of optimization would be nice.

This is how version control works. All image formats has binary format so it is impossible to store only changes. Daminion will be create full copy of file for any version.