Import dmc into netcatalog

Ray

Hi,

I am looking for a way to import a dmc catalog into a netcatalog. I am unable to find information on how to do this (or whether it is even possible?). Or I am looking totally in the wrong direction?

So, any help, tips or information is welcome!

Thanks,

Ray

There are few ways to migrate your Daminion local catalog to the shared catalog:

1. Daminion can automatically sync all your annotations (tags) with

file metadata (for JPEG, TIFF, PSD, PNG, etc...). So once the sync

process will be done you can import your images from the local

catalog to the Daminion Server (use Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V hot keys).

All tags that were embedded into the metadata will be automatically imported into the server catalog. This way is faster than the next step.

2. Open local and shared catalogs in the Daminion Standalone version.

Switch to the standalone catalog, select all files, right click and launch the "Move To > Shared Catalog" option from the context menu.

I suggest you to perform step #1, and then launch the step #2 for other formats.

Thanks.

It seems you can only select the max on the page (5000) so that means it would take more repeating steps if you have many more pictures to move.

I think a better option to make the transition from Daminion to Daminion Server would provide an easier 'upgrade' path.

Ray

Yep. Probably a more easy way of migrating from local to shared catalog will be better (probably by improving the Move To command). BTW you can increase the number of files per page via direct editing of the Settings.xml file that can be located by pressing the Ctrl + F12 keys.