REST API Question

rsmith1

I enabled the REST API on my server this evening and experimented with the various API calls. All the calls work fine, but I have a question about the intent of the API: is it true that Saved Searches are the only method by which media items can be retrieved? As someone who has had to design and implement data access API's, I can certainly understand why this would be the case, but I was curious if there are any current calls or planned calls that would allow other means of querying. Also, is there any way planned to obtain the nodes under each tag?

If there is any information that can be shared about the expectation of how the API would be used, I would appreciate seeing it.

is it true that Saved Searches are the only method by which media items can be retrieved?

This is the first API version, and using Saved Searches allows to simplify our API for both groups: Daminion Developers and Daminion Customer Developers.

Also, is there any way planned to obtain the nodes under each tag?

No with current API version. But I can add it to the feature list.