2416 - 2457 - Camera, Lens, CreationDateTime tags read for CR2, DNG, JPG, TIF format

Uwe

Hello,

it seems that now for CR2 files the tag Exif-Canon:CanonModelID is used (e.g. EOS 5D Mark III)  for the Camera tag and not Exif:Model (e.g. Canon EOS 5D Mark III). This leads to the situation that I have a chaos in the camera tags. If I develop the CR2 file with Affinity Photo and export it as JPG the Camera tag is e.g. Canon EOS 5D Mark III.

Please unify the camera tag to prevent the technical tags from becoming useless among other things. I sent examples to Katerina showing more problems with the Lens tag and the CreationDateTime and the differences between the tags depending on the media formats.

regards, Uwe

Edited by Uwe
Extend media formats

• Uwe changed the title to 2416 - Camera, Lens, CreationDateTime tags read for CR2, DNG, JPG, TIF format
  • Uwe changed the title to 2416 - 2457 - Camera, Lens, CreationDateTime tags read for CR2, DNG, JPG, TIF format

not fixed build 2457.

Here an example: the IDs 21970 and 21971 were imported some time ago (before 7.0). Now (build 2457) I called the "Read tags from file" for ID 21970. The result is a "new/other" Camera Tag.

Regards, Uwe

Daminion_2457_Camera_Tag.jpg

Edited by Uwe
example, screenshot Camera Tag after read tags from file