Lenni

Sort by

On 3/30/2020 at 5:16 PM, Daria Kotilainen said:

Hello Yuri, Daminion retrieves Creation DateTime from files - if you got the files via, say, social media or the files do not have creation datetime embedded, then Daminion will retrieve File Creation Date and Time which is the day and time when the file was added onto your PC. Can you please send us a sample of the file to support/at/daminion.net so that we could check  it

I think we can think of an EXIF tool command to create EXIF Creation Date time and map File modification DateTime ther 

Kind regards, 

Daria

I think photo files show attributes all correctly. The problem is in the program algorithm. If I exclude erroneous files from adding to the directory, the program incorrectly creates the directory with other files. Other files were previously copied to the correct directory.  I tried on another PC, windows 7 x64 and 10x64.  

P.S. I pinned the files in a previous post.

Я думаю файлы фото показывают атрибуты все правильно.  Проблема  в алгоритме программы.  Если я исключаю из добавления в католог ошибочные файлы то программа  неправильно создает каталог  уже с другими  файлами.  Другие файлы  раньше копировались в правильный каталог.  Я пробовал на другом ПК, Windows 7 x64 и 10x64. Везде есть ошибка.   

P.S. Я закрепил  файлы в предыдущем посте.

Hi,
Great, sorting is working again, thanks!
I'm still worried about the Place tag functioning, it has been broken already for a long time and no feedback on that.
Any progress going on to correct it?
Lenni

Hi Lenni, My apologies that this issue has not been fixed yet. I cannot give you any time frames because, unfortunately, I'm not participating in developments and cannot influence the decision on when a bug gets fixed. The bug is registered and hopefully the developers will fix it soon. 

Kind regards

Daria

On 3/31/2020 at 8:56 AM, Юрий said:

I think photo files show attributes all correctly. The problem is in the program algorithm. If I exclude erroneous files from adding to the directory, the program incorrectly creates the directory with other files. Other files were previously copied to the correct directory.  I tried on another PC, windows 7 x64 and 10x64.  

P.S. I pinned the files in a previous post.

Я думаю файлы фото показывают атрибуты все правильно.  Проблема  в алгоритме программы.  Если я исключаю из добавления в католог ошибочные файлы то программа  неправильно создает каталог  уже с другими  файлами.  Другие файлы  раньше копировались в правильный каталог.  Я пробовал на другом ПК, Windows 7 x64 и 10x64. Везде есть ошибка.   

P.S. Я закрепил  файлы в предыдущем посте.

Hi Yuri, 

Our friend and forum administrator Uwe helped me find a solution to this issue. Daminion, indeed, recognizes a wrong Creation DateTime. You need to map the correct Creation DateTime to EXIF metadata section and then read the tags from file.

Please find below the message sent to me by Uwe and my video showing how to implement Uwe's instructions: 

the following command should work for the JPG file:
-EXIF:DateTimeOriginal<FileModifyDate

fot the MP4 file you have to use this command:
-XMP:DateTimeOriginal<FileModifyDate

You can preserve the original file-system timestamp with the '-P' option, in the command line of the exiftool

For videos, the tags will be mapped to XMP, for jpegs - to EXIF. Then you will need to just read tags from files. 

I recommend you to do this on a small set of files first, preferably on file copies. 

Also, before you apply the changes to the files and read tags from files please make sure your files are synced with their metadata - you can check the number of unsynced files via Saved searches > Unsynced.

Kind regards, 

Daria

Hi Yuri,

if you don't want to have a backup of the changed file you should use the option "-overwrite_original" in the command line.

Here the link to the explanation: https://exiftool.org/exiftool_pod.html

Regards, Uwe