1934 - 2010 Catalog->Optimize...

Uwe

hello,

the action "Menu->Catalog->Optimize..." deletes the folder "drive:\...Thumbnail\name_of_the_catalog\Video\NetCatalogx". As log as you don't stop the server Daminion works. But if you stop the server and want to restart you get this error message:

20190525_101655.jpg

You'll get a video by Skype.

Regards, Uwe

• 2 months later...

I can't confirm this. I've tested the following using pgAdmin and this request:

SELECT * FROM mediaitems
where deleted = true

1. delete a file from catalog.

2. For this mediaitem: the field mediaitem-deleted is set to true in the table mediaitems, the default value = false.

3. Optimize Catalog: the record is deleted from the table mediaitems

Regards, Uwe

Uwe, this only means some part of the optimization is performed, but not necessarily all. In the progress panel you see 12 lines. When I started optimization earlier today , it stayed a couple of seconds on the first line (Create temporary table), then it "ran" through the next tasks in less than a second and then stayed again at som task at the bottom. I repeated it just now with Build 1960: It only did the Create temporary table and then finished immediately.

Optimize Daminion Catalog 2019-07-29 103021.png

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

Did you try to call the optimize immediately after it was closed?

Interesting. I did now and it remained for 2-3 seconds at "Clear removed thumbnails" and then "Vacuum" and finished.

I have more than 187 thousand items in my catalog and cannot believe, this should be all to optimize it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update: I found the reason:

this is my folder structure:

Drive X:
    Daminion
         thumbnails
               Test (name of the catalog)
                    0 ... F (here are the thumbnail folders and the thumbnails created by Daminion)
                    midsize
                    preview
                    Video (here are the video previews, set in the Admin Panel->Catalogs->Actions->Edit->Folder to store video previews)

The action Catalog Optimize deletes the Video folder.

But, if the folder Video is not a subfolder of the folder ...\Test -> Catalog Optimize doesn't delete the Video folder.

A long way to find the reason. Now it has to be fixed or a check that the Video folder may not be a subfolder as shown above.

regards, Uwe

• Uwe changed the title to 1934 - 2010 Catalog->Optimize...