Uwe

1682 - 1783 camera tag - rescan folders vs. read tags from file

Hello,

I've inserted the scanner information by ExifTool (Open with... action) and imported this information by "Read Tags from file". These items are not assigned to the already existing camera tag (Canon->CanoScan LiDE700F) - it creates a new tag on the root level of the camera tags.

Daminion_1682_camera_tag.jpg

Then I remove these items from the catalog and import them again by Resan Folders. Now the items are assigned to the already existing camera tag (Canon->CanoScan LiDE700F).

Why do "Read Tags from file" and "Rescan Folders" are working differently? Bug?

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

it's still there in build 1783.

I've got a recorded video by Skype.

regards, Uwe

Hello,

it's little bit more strange.

1. Both actions "Read tags from file" or "Rescan Folders" create a new camera tag even if the same is already existing.

2. BUT if I remove the previously modified items from the catalog AND use now "Rescan Folders" to import them again: now the already existing camera tag is used and not the wrong one created by the action #1 before.

The difference to my first description is the different way of working of the "Rescan Folders" depending if the items is already in the catalog or has to be imported by "Rescan Folders".

Regards, Uwe

Hello,

this bug is still there in build 1904.

regards, Uwe